Stupid blown fuses. Need help

TTG

Reaction score
City, State
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
'95 Sport
Amp won't turn on. Need help.

I finished my box and reinstalled it complete with cap, full 2 subs and everything today. Was working fine, but now for some reason, a blown fuse I'm guessing, the amp won't power on.

Before you jump to conclusions, I don't have a fuse on the power wire, that's got a circuit breaker. So that part is fine. The odd thing is that my fog lights, which are wired off my battery like the amp, also will not turn on. The power wire for the foglamps and the amp is hooked directly up to the battery, then the amp runs into its circuit breaker and the foglights run through their own fuse. The truck starts up fine as well, and all other electricals work fine. The radio and speakers even come on and play as well. I'm pretty much out of ideas of what it could be. Please help me.

Thanks.

Update: Went and fooled around with it some more, after recharging the cap, my foglights now work. Amp still refuses to turn on. The fuses on the amp are all fine as well. I'm half tempted to have the installers at work look at it and figure out wtf happened. I don't think it's a fuse anymore though. Now the only thing I can think of is the power wire is either A) Burnt or B) Not connected well enough.

bypass the power wire to make sure the amp works, run a + straight to it and see if it will power.

I fried the amp. I replaced it with my old amp and that works fine, hooked it up on the test stuff at work and it wouldn't power on. I fried something inside of it. Luckily, it has a 2 year warranty and is being sent back Crutchfield for service.

I have a question about blown fuses too. I was trying to hook up a new HU in my 92 x. I touched the power and ground wires together on the wiring harness. I figured i blew a fuse but when i went to changing the blown fuse i still didn't get power to my wiring harness. I have pulled and checked every fuse but still can't get power. If anyone has any ideas or suggestions let me know please. Thanks

Back