Status
Not open for further replies.

Basslessbasshead

Reaction score
City, State
Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 Explorer XLT
I've got a 1997 ford explorer and I want to setup a subwoofer and amp, 10" or 12" unless I come across a good deal for a 15 on craigslist. I need help picking out the sub and amp and I also need some instruction on the installation. Also if anyone has ideas as to how I could setup the sub and box so that I could take it out often if needed. I would still like to be able to help people move if possible (but if not O well). All opinions welcome!

You might get more attention on this in the audio portion of the forum. I don't think many browse the introductions. Also sub and amp setup is something that is nearly universally between all vehicles. Find a sub and amp combo that's recommended and in your price range and get it. The hardest part to setting up a sub in my opinion is running wires from the battery and head unit to the rear hatch. Personally I bought this Powered Sub.

JBL GT-BassPro12 12-Inch (300mm) Car Audio Powered Subwoofer System https://www.amazon.com/dp/B007GYU30K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_Rf.uybQ2KQM5V

To match my JBL door speakers. It's plenty of Bass for me and you don't have to buy an amp because it's built into the sub. So if you went this route it'd be 150 plus a sub installation kit which might run 20-30. Mine unhooks by loosening 4 screws to remove the hot and ground and unplugging my audio cables so it'd plenty removable.

Nice. Thanks for the info man I'll try posting it in the other forum but thanks for your input

I'm closing this thread so people will reply in the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back