• Register Today It's free!

Summit Racing Body Lift?

huntersteve61

Reaction score
City, State
Finleyville, Pa
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 XLT 4Dr.
Has anyone tried this and is it as trustworthy as the 883 that everyone seems to use? I have 31's on my truck now with tt/shackles.. I considered backing off the tt an inch and using lowest shackle holes and puttin a 3 in body lift on and saw its a little cheaper. Does anyone have a pic of 31's with a 3 inch body? I'm not going to do it if it makes my tires look stupid...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i have the 3" body lift with 265/75 r 16's
there 31.6" high and 10.4" wide
DSC02102.jpg

That looks sick! I am doin it. Done deal. I will buy the summit. I think I'mma back off the tt and the shackles so I'm at like 4 over stock not 5 5.5 mine went up ALOT wen I did my tt/shackles I got like 2.1 2.2 inchs and have had no issues what so ever. I love how lifted explorers look man yours is nice and very even front to back

That looks sick! I am doin it. Done deal. I will buy the summit. I think I'mma back off the tt and the shackles so I'm at like 4 over stock not 5 5.5 mine went up ALOT wen I did my tt/shackles I got like 2.1 2.2 inchs and have had no issues what so ever. I love how lifted explorers look man yours is nice and very even front to back

not to steer off topic but whered you get your smitty push bar?

2" TT, 3" rear AutoZone shackles, Summit 3" BL with 31/10.50/15's on 8" wheels

DSC00362.jpg

not to steer off topic but whered you get your smitty push bar?

EBAY! Last year in Dec I hit 2 deer in 5 days got p'd off and bought it. So far I've hit my buddies cherokee like 100 times. Pushed a grand cher outta a ditch, hit a deer and pushed over a portashitter (fun) and its holdin strong! 110 bucks or something like that!! Its awesome and its startin to rust a lil but who f'n cares its a beast for how lil it is and had it on in less than 1 hour

So I like the explorer I might go down 1 notch on the back of my shackles n drop the TT a little so the tires look good. They are beast right now. I can't wait to go 3 more inches up!

i have the summit body lift on my truck. it's the same kit as the PA except it comes in a different box. my kit even came with the PA intruction manual. i would recomend it. i think i paid $112 with free shipping from summit's website.

it won't look bad with the 31's. I drove around for about 8 months with the 3" BL and TT/shackle and I only had 30.9x9.50/15's on my truck. unfortunatly i don't have any pics with the lift and small tires. but i would leave the the tt/shackle on incase you want bigger tires later on.

yes. that's the same kit that i have on my truck. damn their price has gone up. I'm glad i got mine when i did.

how much was it before? i think $140 something (forget how much it is now) is pretty decent for a body lift. Still need a shackle kit and add a leaf though. wish i could buy them all from one place lol shipping to canada sucks.

its going to cost me like $240 usd just to get it here after everything shipping is said and done, can i just call a local place and buy a ranger BL kit? its the same thing? would it still be for a 2000 ranger?
thanks

i paid $112 with free shipping. I would assume any BL made for the 98-00 ranger would fit your ex. they are all basically the same, blocks and bolts, with some bumper brackets. there should be a minimal difference BL made by different companies.

I have a question that maybe someone can help with. I tried adjusting my torsion bar cause my 2000 Mountaineer was sagging a little on one side about 1" . I tightened the screw no change, tightened some more nothing... Cranked it all the way in gained about 1/2" but it is still lower than the passenger side. Should I lower the right side? or am I doing something wrong? I hear people saying they got 2" of lift out of it, how can I only get 1/2" maybe the torsion bar is getting weak?

Thanks,

Jorge

Maybe yours was already cranked up to compensate? When I got my XLS, I thought someone had put smaller tires on it due to fender gap. I put the rear shackles on it and only needed to raise my front about 1/2" to level it out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back