Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

supercharged 5.0 true fire 98 explorer sport

Discussion in 'Elite Explorer Registry' started by vroomzoomboom, January 19, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. WhiteLimited

WhiteLimited Guest

I got some BRAND NEW license plates for you. There 50 year anniversary ones they were sent to my house for a 2010 Suzuki hahahahaha Text me your address again and I will get them shipped up soon :)

2. Support EF

Elite Explorer 2 for 1 Sale! $20 for 2 years!

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Sams01XplrSprt

Sams01XplrSprt Southern Cali Explorer

City, State:
    Newport Beach California & Bay Area California
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2001 Sport (sold)
    hi tara long long time no talk and see

4. Super_Swamper_98

Super_Swamper_98 Active Member

City, State:
    Bossier City Louisanina
    1998 Explorer Sport 2WD
    that true fire looks good blue.

5. corkey

corkey Moderator Emeritus Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Elite Canuck,multiple ifs offender,, and musky maniac,, i wheel and i fish,,
    99 xls,96 xl,91,08 Ranger

almost looks like it was going to mount it,, ha ha,

6. vroomzoomboom

vroomzoomboom Elite Canuck STOCK SUCKS! Elite Explorer

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    98 supercharged 347 sport
    pete, if that was the case, you wouldn't have a explorer, you'd have a mountie! :D

another pic i took yesterday at my buddy gords place. even used my cell, and it looks good to me!

[​IMG]

7. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    i just got a new pair of shackles today! i was so excited to put them in! they look awesome!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

last week when pete was here, we where talking about shackles. i liked the ones that he made, and i had mentioned last year i bought some powder coated ones from turtle, but haven't put them on due to a lack of time, and i had also heard they where a PITA. i tried to do it when i painted evil last winter, but the bolts that go into the frame bushings where frozen into them. so i had ordered new bushings and hardware for them, and they ended up sitting until now. pete did tell me they where a snap to do, so i decided to get them done this weekend. well, funny thing happened (well not so funny for me but feel free to read on), i cut the old shackle off, then cut the bolts off as well (gotta love the blue wrench). then i took the old bushing out, and the steel sleeve for it. all this time i was thinking, "wow pete was right, this is simple. why didn't i do this before!"......then reality came cashing down. somehow, the parts guy, thought i needed the bushings that go into the leaf springs, when i told him 5 times, "no, shackle bushings, or the ones that go into the frame, NOT the leaf springs". well that dumass gave them to me anyways :rolleyes:. to make things worst, i am doing this on easter long weekend, and worst then that, gord has a job coming in and needs the stall that evil sits in. how am i going to get the truck out? with good old faction red neck thinking! i cant believe i just did this, and that i am posting it up here, but hey, everyone needs a laugh. the entire time i was jamming 2x4's between the frame an leaf, i was shaking my head and saying "this has to be the most red neck thing i have done!". so now she sits until monday when i can get the parts that i need.

8. techieman33

techieman33 Explorer Addict

City, State:
    Topeka, KS
    00 V8 Mountaineer
    good luck getting that bushing, ford doesn't even sell it. The only way to get it from them is to buy the entire frame:( The only one I've found was an energy suspension bushing for a 1st gen explorer. It works in 2nd gens too btw.

9. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    i found one. the basic is 5A546. phoned the dealer, he told me the number is F57Z 5A546 AA. he even confirmed it was the correct one, and not the one for the spring. there are two in the area at a ford parts depot, and one at another dealer, but they both where closed today.

[​IMG]

crap, the picture didn't turn out big enough

if you check the link, and find 5A546, and click on it, it will show you which part it is.

http://www.fordparts.com/Commerce/C...HaGlzdG9yeQUEdHJ1ZbeJQwrDnn1brKWLK+LH7viyyDAr

Last edited: August 19, 2010
  10. corkey

City, State:
    wow, i would have put the shackles on with bolts just thru the frame holes, to move it, it would feel safer to me, but redneck thinking can work too ,
    glad at least removing them was as easy as mine were,

11. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    i was going to do that, but i wasn't sure if the shackle would fold between the frame, and the spring or not. trust me, i drove REAL slow out of the shop, and down the driveway. i remember you saying use a BFH, i was doing that, then i thought, "hey there's torches here!" stunk up the shop something fierce, but it worked.

12. corkey

City, State:
    yeah torches would have been useful to me too, but i didn't have any, and a deeper cup on a ball joint press would have been nice too, push it all the way through ,

13. corkey

City, State:
  14. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    Yes! I have to say, I think the hardest part was jacking the truck up for that one. But I am lucky that I have access to the right tools to get the job done, otherwise, I might have a different tune. Thanks for asking, and telling me that it was not difficult to do pete!

15. corkey

City, State:
    Most challenging part of it is getting the parts guiys to understand which ones you really want, ,

lol, ,

16. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    was at gords (the guy that painted evil for me, aka g.o.d.)tonight working on another explorer i have there. his son (he's about 10) wanted a pic in my truck, so we pulled it up for him, and gord wanted some of his. while i was standing there, i thought, "this is a perfect shot of our trucks". gords 04 f250, 4 inch suspension, 3 inch body lift, 33's. his son marks 04 f150. true fire as well (painted by the same guy as evil was) with 22's. and of coarse, evil.

[​IMG]

17. WhiteLimited

WhiteLimited Guest

SHIT seeing your thread just reminded me about your plates I need to send over to you I spaced it!

18. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    today is a great day (well sorta, its crappy outside, but....). one of my fog HIDS blew out, so i was waiting for new ones to come, and they did. it is 4 weeks until i leave for carlisle all ford nationals, AND another box came today.

[​IMG]

and what is in the box you might ask? weeeeellllll......

[​IMG]

a nice shinny diff cover that our very own Turdle powder coated for me. i bought this about two years ago for my capri that i have yet to finish, so it has been siting on the shelf ever since. i thought "ya know, you can really see the diff big time with the pan. why not get jon to do his magic on the cover, slap it on evil for AFN, then take it off and put it on the capri when its done". plans have changed in a heart beat. this thing is staying on evil now.

Last edited: June 22, 2010
  19. Spas

Spas Explorer addict Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Freakland, Pa
    '95 Sport
    NICE rear! :D

20. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    so the beautification for AFN on evil has started. spent the better part of the day outside yesterday and here are the results. worst of all, i haven't event started on the inside or begin to polish it yet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

the diff cover made one hell of a difference if you ask me!

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 10, 2010
  21. vroomzoomboom

City, State:
    selkirk, manitoba
    this last week was a great one. evil and i made the trip to carlsile pa for the all ford nationals, where she placed second in suv all.
    [​IMG]

while she was there, tara was very kind enough to take some awsome shots of her for me (i cant take pictures to save my life!).

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]