Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Supercharger for a 94

Discussion in 'Modified Explorations!!' started by SSR, October 3, 2001.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. SSR

SSR New Member

City, State:
    Chicago Ridge, IL
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    94 XLT
    I was just wondering if anyone has tried the Kenne Bell supercharger on a pushrod 4.0? (or any other supercharger for that matter). I was just wondering how much power increase you got, what you paid, and if you think it was worth the money. Also I am going to stay away from a centrifical supercharger because they don't give nearly as much low end power, and I am adding power primarily to have more power to tow.

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. blk mk8

blk mk8 Active Member

City, State:
    brother
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Troll's
    a guy one the 4.0 ranger board made his own supercharge kit out of a used thunderbird S/C blower and some scrap metal. you could go with the BBK but i have seen it and i think you are better of getting a Vortech or doing your own kit with the Thunderbird S/C blower if you want go to www.rangerforum.com and the 4.0 section is really smart. about 50% smarter then the rest of the board for some resone.