Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Supercharger install 9+lb boost! Full build

We used the wrap to wrap the EGR tube to keep the hood paint from bubbling and we had enough left over we thought to try it on the intake tube to see if it would do anything to help and it worked perfectly.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ok so it's been almost a year :D
My rig is running flawless don't miss a beat

Soo time for a bit more boost
I'm doing some research
I'm thinking water methanol injection ...when it was 102 out I was worried about detonation..
Water Methanol Injection Kit - ModdBox
A modest 5.5 pound pulley ...5.5psi Supercharger Pulley - ModdBox...
And maybe injectors and Maf ...fill in the blank please:)............
I'm going electric fan. https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B000CNN3LS/ref=ox_sc_act_image_2?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1. https://www.amazon.com/Flex-lite-180-Reversible-Electric/dp/B000CNHFNA
Duel wideband ....https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B013UG0GHC/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A2UUWCCR4G5EFA&psc=1
I realize the fan comes with a controller but it's actually cheaper to just buy the kit and a separate controller

Moddbox recommends injectors with the 5.5 pound pulley but it's not required
I'm gonna get the Sct v4 and a tune SCT X4 7015 - ModdBox
Any suggestions on a place to do the tuning moddbox guy says lasota
Online Tuning Service - ModdBox
Any suggestions on brands and injectors Maf
And any other products.

I'm not buying most of the stuff from moddbox just using the links

My 2004 has about 8 lbs of boost and I used 47lb injectors, as far as size goes.
What MAF do you have now, is it stock and is it a slot style?

OK, I think SCT has MAF sensors with that plug.
You might want to look into the BA2800, make sure the plug is the same as yours though.
If you have a guy who does the tune for you, then you should ask him as he has to correct your PCM for any changes you make.
The 90mm Lightning MAF is a great upgrade as well but you may have to change the electrical connector to use it.

Both those MAFs have value files in Advantage3, and so do the Ford Racing injectors like the 47 lbs.

For my 1998 with 18-20 lbs of boost I use SeimensDeka 60lb injectors, but they would be over kill for 5-8 lbs of boost.
Keep in mind you may have to change the injector electrical connectors to upgrade too.

Just saw the note about Lasota.
I can tell you he knows his stuff. He teaches SCT classes on tuning and he wrote the coyote cookbook (New 5.0 tuning book)

You might want to look into the BA2800, make sure the plug is the same as yours though.
If you have a guy who does the tune for you, then you should ask him as he has to correct your PCM for any changes you make.
The 90mm Lightning MAF is a great upgrade as well but you may have to change the electrical connector to use it.

Both those MAFs have value files in Advantage3, and so do the Ford Racing injectors like the 47 lbs.

For my 1998 with 18-20 lbs of boost I use SeimensDeka 60lb injectors, but they would be over kill for 5-8 lbs of boost.
Keep in mind you may have to change the injector electrical connectors to upgrade too.
Thanks I'm gonna have to look into a set of Ford #47 injectors
And a Maf

So should I call the tuning place be for I buy anything?

Something like this but ill buy a new one 96-04 MUSTANG SCT BA2400 90mm MAF AIRFLOW SENSOR LIGHTNING Mass Air | eBay

Soo time for a bit more boost
I'm doing some research
I'm thinking water methanol injection ...when it was 102 out I was worried about detonation..
Water Methanol Injection Kit - ModdBox

I ran water/alcohol injection on my Kenne Bell blown Mustang 5.0L back in the early 2000s. I used a kit the turbo Buick guys ran (SMC kit) since they were the only ones doing this at the time. Me and my Mustang buddies with superchargers eventually found using straight water was more effective for cooling. It doesn't take much water to get the job done either. If you can find a setup, I recommend a delivery system that ramps up the spray amount based on RPM and boost. The centrifugal guys had problems with bogging at lower RPMs when boost was lower. I didn't have that issue as much because twinscrew blowers make full boost right off of idle to redline.

Water injection let me run 16 psi but I also had a J&S Safeguard that monitored detonation on an individual cylinder basis and added and reduced time on each cylinder for every engine revolution. I highly recommend these if you want to push the boost up. They sense knock in a cylinder and adjust timing only for that cylinder on the very next revolution., If no knock is heard then it adds timing on the next revolution. For the early 2000s it was cutting edge stuff. Water injection actually allowed intake temperature reductions to a little below ambient on many occasions. We all used digital temperature gauges to see what temps we were running downstream from the blowers. Another benefit was our combustion chambers were whistle clean. You could eat off of the piston faces.

Thanks I'm gonna have to look into a set of Ford #47 injectors
And a Maf

So should I call the tuning place be for I buy anything?

I used 42# injectors on my Mustang running 16 psi and never had fuel delivery issues. I did use an 1,100 lph Aeromotive fuel pump, larger braided lines and higher capacity fuel rails.

I used 42# injectors on my Mustang running 16 psi and never had fuel delivery issues. I did use an 1,100 lph Aeromotive fuel pump, larger braided lines and higher capacity fuel rails.
Do you have a part number .
Or where do I find it
Some places want $350 for a set of injectors
Seems to high to me

Injector Planet | Genuine OEM Motorcraft Fomoco Fuel injectors
Injector plant

Ford injectors

Ford_Injector_Guide.jpg

Looks like a Navigator injector will work out
Just need part numbers
A ford a oem or aftermarket

A larger MAF is not required. I data logged my 4.0 SOHC at 8lbs of boost and did not get close to maxing-out the stock MAF. 47lb injectors are massive and not necessary. I'll be running 30lb injectors in my blown 5.0 at 6 or 7 lbs. Cooling is not necessary at 5.5lbs.

Smaller pulley, larger injectors and a tune = done

A larger MAF is not required. I data logged my 4.0 SOHC at 8lbs of boost and did not get close to maxing-out the stock MAF. 47lb injectors are massive and not necessary. I'll be running 30lb injectors in my blown 5.0 at 6 or 7 lbs. Cooling is not necessary at 5.5lbs.

Smaller pulley, larger injectors and a tune = done
Thanks
cooling not being necessary saves me tons of money 4-5 hundred
I didn't think I would need a Maf but wasn't sure so thanks for that
Ok so I just need to find some a good quality injectors

0280155715 / F5DE-B5A

Here are oem #24 harness will fit May go with these they are direct fit
Spec in the link

Here is an option now I'm looking up #30 injectors

Do you have a part number .
Or where do I find it
Some places want $350 for a set of injectors
Seems to high to me

If you are going to run 8 psi or less you can probably get by with 36# injectors or even 30#. As you increase boost the effective fuel pressure drops at the injector nozzle and 5.5 psi isn't going to cause much back pressure at the injector tips. I installed mine 20 years ago and I can't remember a part number for them. They were Ford Racing injectors. IMO, about any name brand will work well that fits. Even 20 years ago I think I paid around $250-$300 for a set.

Check ebay, I picked-up a set for under $100.

Check ebay, I picked-up a set for under $100.
I can find sets on eBay but how do I know which injectors will actually fit
Length. Oring size etc...

I am trying to find something I can just install and then the fuel rail will just bolt back down
I find ones that look the same and have the same connector but I'm just not sure

Maybe someone can find something for me or give me an example to go off of

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I have bought lot of parts from Summit Racing over the decades and have always been satisfied with them. You might call them and tell them what you are looking for and I bet they will lead you to an injector that will work for you. I went to their web site and found this set that might work but I would call them before ordering and see what other options they may have.

Edit:
It looks like the 4.0L SOHC engines from 1999 have the same injectors as 2005-2010 V6 Mustangs. This likely opens up a wide number of possibilities since the after market for the 4.0L Mustangs is fairly extensive. I bet a visit to a few Mustang sites will flush out a lot of possibilities.

Back