supercharger | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

supercharger

Reaction score
City, State
osage beach mo.
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ford explorer
so i got 91 ford explorer 5 speed and i wanted to put a super charger and push about 10 lbs boost any advice should i do to engine before installing supercharger how can i change the fuel to air ratio and what are some decent superchargers you guys would recommend im pretty new to this but i like to learn so any advice would be cool

Well depends what engine you have. And you can do various things. I am currently installing a rear-mount turbo setup on my 5.0 Explorer. I am doing a write-up on how to do it, just finished my oil lines and stuff. The write up wont be posted until after I get the pipes and everything welded together.

However, turbocharging and supercharging are pretty much the same concept of forced induction. I am not really familiar with supercharging, but I do know a few things.

The first thing I would recommend is a better supply of fuel for your forced induction setup. What I mean by this is: high performance fuel pump, and bigger injectors.

Also, get a bigger MAF so you don't throw your car into a "WTF is going on" state.

As far as changing your air/fuel ratios, you should talk to James @ Henson Performance for more information. He specializes in tuning, and does a great job at it. Check it out, and maybe even contact him. www.hensonperformance.com

Back