Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Supercharger

Discussion in 'Under the Hood' started by 93exploer4x4, September 24, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. 93exploer4x4

93exploer4x4 New Member

City, State:
      Rio Rancho, NM
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1993 XLT 4 door
      Hi I am new to the board. I was wondering if anyone can tell me who makes a supercharger kit for my 93 xlt. If there are any websites please let me know thanks.... I also have a question/Problem...I noticed a little bit of oil leaking yesterday..It is clean oil and i cannot tell where it is coming from. The pan plug is tight and everything else is tight as far as i can tell. Anyone know what this could be? Sorry for the long post. Hopefuly you guys can help me out.
      Thanks,
      Ryan

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      Welcome!

For info on my supercharger install, go to my supercharger threads in the project and also need for speed forum. More info than you can read in a day. That's for the BBK Eaton-Roots type blower kit. http://www.bbkperformance.com/

There were also some Vortech and Paxton centrifugal kits, but I don't think they're in production anymore. The BBK kit may or may not still be in production. You can sometimes find these kits used or NIB on Ebay.

However, on an early model X you'll most likely need a motor rebuild, especially with some leaks. You'll probably also need to beef up the tranny a bit to be able to handle the power; if it hasn't already been rebuilt.

I suggest you look over the supercharger threads on this board (very numerous) and see what you think. Good luck and welcome again!

4. 93exploer4x4

93exploer4x4 New Member

City, State:
      Rio Rancho, NM
      1993 XLT 4 door
      Thank you for all your help. I really appreciate it. The supercharger is nothing that i will do in the very near future, but just wanted to get some ideas. Found out that it is not an oil leak, it looked liked clean oil, but with further "investigation" i found it to be power steering fluid. Looks like it has stopped leaking too so thats good. Thanks again.

Ryan

5. Alec

Alec Elite Moderator Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
      Houston, Texas
      2008 JK
      np, welcome again.