• Register Today It's free!

Sway bar bushing replacement

yorgeyr

Reaction score
City, State
newport news ,va
Year, Model & Trim Level
01 ford explorer sport
Im trying to figure out what i need to replace and i cant figure out how to post these pictures , only thing i see is the insert picture icon but you need to put a url...... how do you just post picture from my computer???

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Check out the link in my signature. I did a removal and install vid.

Thank you guys so heres the pictures , i think i need control arm bushing but im not sure.
yorgeyr

http://s1125.photobucket.com/albums/l585/yorgeyr/?action=view&current=IMG_01201.jpg

Front Sway Bar End Links. Moog K7275 or equivalent. Replace both sides. (Two Kits)

The web links did not work for me, but the answer on your parts as noted above are sway bar end links. They come in kits, 1 per side of the truck. The kit will have 4 rubber or poly bushing (look like fat doughnuts), 8 metal washers, a steel or fiberglass tube, and 2 nuts with a long bolt threaded on both ends.

Getting the old one off can be a bit of a pain since the are almost universally rusted tight. Easiest route is probably a pair of vice grips to hold it tight and a minute or so with a hack saw to cut the old bolt between the sleeve and control arm. Putting on a new one takes all of 3 minutes with 2 wrenches. Tires stay on the truck, usually easier when sitting on level ground without jacking up the front end. People change them out in parts store parking lots all the time.

Back