Sway Bar Disconnect

ChrisDeluxe

Reaction score
City, State
Cologne / Germany
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 Highclass
Hi!

I ride a 97´X with the 4" Superlift and now I have the Problem that my Sway Bar is broken! Are there any alternatives to the original Sway Bar from Superlift, maybe Disconnect´s ?!

Sorry for my broken English, I ´m from Germany and here live not so many people with lifted cars!

Thanks for your answers!

Greetings from Cologne!

Chris

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't know anything about lifted trucks, but I know alot of dragracers that run a 'quick disconnect' system on their front swaybar. So, yes it can be done.

Don't worry about your english. You speak (type?) our language better than alot of people here in the US.

Ryan

There's a few threads on the board about quick-disconnects for anti-sway bars. There's even one on how to make the quick-disconnects. Most of these threads cover only the rear anti-sway bar though.

You can purchase disconnects for the front(I don't know if it would work for a 4" lift) made by Warrior for about $85+. :eek: Or for about $10 you can make your own disconnects. I'm going to make my own for the front and just haven't gotten around to it, but I completely removed the rear sway bar. I didn't notice any difference in handling from removing it, so personally I'd say just take off the rear sway bar.

I mean the front Sway Bar. The disconnects from Warrior are too short.

Have nobody problems with the Front Anti Sway Bars with the 4" Superlift?

Chris

the bushings between my sway bar end links and lower control arms wore out prematurely because i installed the end links with the ball joint down. the sway bar itself is fine. if i were you i would remove your sway bar and end links and see if you feel that you need one for handling. sway bars are limiting for off road performance at low speeds.

i removed both my swaybars and other than a little more body roll never had any problem

Thank you all for your answers! You helped me a lot! I will try the Warrior Disconnects and hope that it works!

I wish you all a great new year!

Greetings from Cologne!

Chris

Back