Sway bar endlinks: How tight? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sway bar endlinks: How tight?

^ That could also be the leaf spring bushings and your axle dampener (shock), and a bit of the nature of these vehicles, especially with a shorter wheelbase Sport... or did the Sports omit the axle dampener??
No dampener on my truck at least. Im really hoping that is not the leaf spring bushings ... I can imagine is a pain in the ass to change those.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Follow up on the front clunk, I recorded a short vid:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/Su95BHnmNWCdAi527

It’s coming from the driver side front, you can feel something banging underneath your feet.

Parked, when shaking the car from side to side you can feel the noise coming from the area of the shock absorber (brand new motorcraft) or the cv joints. But his noise only happens when going at low speeds over uneven roads. I can’t figure it out

If not the sway bar end links... Torsion bar pads?

If you've got a big friend who can push up and down on your bumper while your underneath you may see ,hear or even feel where the noise is coming from. Good Luck.

It seems time to jack it up and pull the wheel off to poke/pry/pull again.

If it still has the factory ball joints (or a cheap off-brand aftermarket part), they may be due for it and that could be the noise source.

Back