SYNC 3 latest version | Page 17 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 latest version

How long does the update actually take? Just realized my new explorer has 2.0 and I remember reading about that it takes 1 hour and the car needs to be running the whole time. Does it really take that long? I don't have a dedicated driveway so don't like leaving my car running unattended for an hour so wondering if I just need to sit in in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How long does the update actually take? Just realized my new explorer has 2.0 and I remember reading about that it takes 1 hour and the car needs to be running the whole time. Does it really take that long? I don't have a dedicated driveway so don't like leaving my car running unattended for an hour so wondering if I just need to sit in in.
Mine took 15 minutes as mentioned in post #319. Others have also mentioned times in that range.

Peter

It took a while before the update even started. I was expecting it to start immediately. Once it finally started, it took about 20 minutes for the update, but everything seems to have taken. Now shows version 3.0

It took a while before the update even started. I was expecting it to start immediately. Once it finally started, it took about 20 minutes for the update, but everything to have taken. Now shows version 3.0

That was my problem. It definitely took several minutes just for it to start. And like you, took 20 minutes to complete.

I like the addition of the heated steering wheel power button on the home screen. Only thing I wish was that there was a hardware button to do it. Being that I'm almost in AA, having to flip back to sync just for that is a minor inconvenience. Not a huge deal, just an annoyance I've found.

Did mine with usb last night. Took a few minutes before the update started. Then about 15-20 minutes of driving around. Then it took a few hours of being off to finally update the system. There were even menus that showed electric car charging scenarios. Needless to say, the car needs some time to fully update itself. All good now. Not really sure what’s different at this point other than the heated steering wheel button. And I’m looking forward to the Waze integration coming this month.

Did mine with usb last night. Took a few minutes before the update started. Then about 15-20 minutes of driving around. Then it took a few hours of being off to finally update the system. There were even menus that showed electric car charging scenarios. Needless to say, the car needs some time to fully update itself. All good now. Not really sure what’s different at this point other than the heated steering wheel button. And I’m looking forward to the Waze integration coming this month.

Do you have AA? You can get Waze through that. And when you say was update, its coming native to the main navigation? That's pretty cool

Do you have AA? You can get Waze through that. And when you say a waze update, its coming native to the main navigation? That's pretty cool.

Thank you for posting that. Finally, an explanation as to why WiFi updates aren't working.

Peter

Anyone have a copy of the 2.2 zip? The link that had the file is saying Ford removed the 2.2. I was an early adopter and want to downgrade then upgrade.

That’s the one I used successfully.

Both of the downloads worked for me. I downgraded to 2.2 then installed 3.0 build 18025

Both of the downloads worked for me. I downgraded to 2.2 then installed 3.0 build 18025

I did the same thing this morning and it worked perfectly! Thank you so much!

Anyone have a problem with losing the GPS signal after upgrading to v 3.0? I will get a GPS icon with a circle and a line through it on my Nav map. It will go away after I turn off the vehicle and then restart it. Never had the problem with v 2.3. It seems to only happen after searching for a wifi network (searches for a long time and never will connect to a network) and then will lose the GPS signal. It almost seems that the upgrade did not properly load even though the "About Sync" screen reflects version 3.0.

Anyone have a problem with losing the GPS signal after upgrading to v 3.0? I will get a GPS icon with a circle and a line through it on my Nav map. It will go away after I turn off the vehicle and then restart it. Never had the problem with v 2.3. It seems to only happen after searching for a wifi network (searches for a long time and never will connect to a network) and then will lose the GPS signal. It almost seems that the upgrade did not properly load even though the "About Sync" screen reflects version 3.0.
No issues here. I think you're the first to report this.

Peter

would did you downgrade to install v3.0?
is that something everyone should have done?

would did you downgrade to install v3.0?
is that something everyone should have done?
Some people reported that if you had upgraded to the previous version 3, then this version would not install as it thought you already had it (it apparently does not check build numbers).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some people reported that if you had upgraded to the previous version 3, then this version would not install as it thought you already had it (it apparently does not check build numbers).

Oh just great..... I just downloaded the update and was going to install it on my hour drive to Cincinnati...... the web site stated it would take an hour to install.

Back