• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3 problems. APIM?

deansteinel

Reaction score
City, State
N.E. Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 explorer xlt
2017 explorer bought new and now has too many miles for warranty. Touch screen for a few months has been slow to respond, gps is not accurate, and will not pair or if it does keep paired with our phone . Dealer had it in the 1st week of August so its got all the latest updates up to then but they say they can't find any problems even though it's acting up when we drop it off and on the 1 mi drive home. Dont think the screen has ever gone black, but we have had issues for most of the time we have owned it. Done several master resets, deleted phones and nothing has worked yet. Should i just go ahead and get an apim?

My was doing the same. For 22 months the radio would die, front sensors would go off for no reason, cruise control would not work and then come back on, dropping cell phones, showing no GPS. Most of the time the issue would go away after restarting the car, which the dealer would do and then say, we can't fix what we don't see. Last time I drove in and showed them without turning the car off AIPM module was replaced and all is now good.

^^ Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Back