• Register Today It's free!

SYNC 3 v3.4

UofMEngineer

Reaction score
City, State
Michigan
Year, Model & Trim Level
20' Escape Hyb Titanium
Evening all. Figured I'd make a post here for any general discussion on SYNC 3. I can try to help out as much as possible, though my main area of knowledge is, of course, VR. If you have any questions, feel free to ping me. Just an FYI for the diagnostics feature on v3.4. If you decide to turn them on, and wish to also send failed voice commands, you'll need to turn that item on manually in the SYNC analytics & diagnostics settings menu.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Can you comment at all on SYNC4 or is that embargoed?

I know. :) Essentially, all my focus is on Gen 3, so that's all I can comment on.

Waze + Network Pop-Up - Have 3.0.19149 installed.
AM - Haven't heard of this / seen it happen myself. I'll check the release notes in case the new software does something. Update: Only thing I see is a mention of CD not resuming on start and switching to FM. Maybe related somehow? Would need to try the latest build to see.

I know the ringer volume maxed out is also addressed in 19149. Saw that in one of those threads.

AM - Haven't heard of this / seen it happen myself. I'll check the release notes in case the new software does something. Update: Only thing I see is a mention of CD not resuming on start and switching to FM. Maybe related somehow? Would need to try the latest build to see.

I know the ringer volume maxed out is also addressed in 19149. Saw that in one of those threads.

What’s the ringer volume issue? My wife has sync 3 and whenever she uses it to talk on the phone, afterwards the phone volume is set to full. Is that the issue you are talking about? And how to i get the sync version upgraded?

What’s the ringer volume issue? My wife has sync 3 and whenever she uses it to talk on the phone, afterwards the phone volume is set to full. Is that the issue you are talking about? And how to i get the sync version upgraded?

That's the one. Currently you'd need to visit the dealer for the upgrade. Some folks from Europe have made the primary package available online, though the proper NA update also includes a newer rev of the voice and gracenotes packages. I haven't (yet) seen those.

Will 19149 install automatically to SYNC 3 with navigation with automatic updates enabled? My system currently shows build 17276.

Will 19149 install automatically to SYNC 3 with navigation with automatic updates enabled? My system currently shows build 17276.

19149 won’t go over the air. A later version should for you, yes. TBD on when. I’ll update when I know that’s about to roll out OTA and via the Owner Portal.

Thanks. I'll watch for your update.

If v19149 wont update OTA then where does an owner pull it from to update manually with USB?

Still not on my account...

When should we expect it? Thanks.

Still not on my account...

When should we expect it? Thanks.

Dealer install only. TBD on the OTA and USB downloads. Those will be a later build.

Thanks

I have been using the Owner Portal for years now but unfortunately the team that supports that site is not always caught up to the latest information. If you have time to read some of the older posts here, many SYNC3 owners upgraded to v3 through links provided here or on other Ford vehicle websites. There were multiple builds of SYNC3 v3 floating around the internet and it was very confusing.

It would be really helpful when a new version or build has passed beta testing and has been given the approval to be released it should be immediately available to the owners through the portal. Otherwise people seeking resolution to frustrating problems will seek alternative sources like other forums.

In my experience with the other two North American OEM's they don't seem to have these same issues with their multimedia platforms.

There were multiple builds of SYNC3 v3 floating around the internet and it was very confusing.

Yep, well aware of those. I have a post on another forum dedicated just to helping folks upgrade. Last I checked it's something like 240,000 views... My favorites are the ones where internet wisdom leads folks to do something wrong. I don't blame them though, just trying to help.

Any chance that a future update will enable Android Auto to make more use of the vertically oriented 10" display? Right now the Android "window" feels very cramped.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Any chance that a future update will enable Android Auto to make more use of the vertically oriented 10" display? Right now the Android "window" feels very cramped.

Not a clue. My guess would be no. It's probably part technical/part design for why it's windowed. For example, to allow the bottom half for control of the radio unlike the 8" where you need to exit out then come back.

Back