Sync 3 | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a new explorer from a 2011 edge. One of my biggest complaints about our edge is the constant issues with the MFT. When do you guys think the explorer will be available with the Sync 3? Did I read all fords will have it by the end of the year? I'd hate to miss out on it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When do you guys think the explorer will be available with the Sync 3? Did I read all fords will have it by the end of the year?

No, it's spread over 2 years. The Explorer gets Sync 3 on MY 2017.

Thanks for the quick reply. Need to buy soon so that's an easy choice.

I'm getting ready to upgrade to a new explorer from a 2011 edge. One of my biggest complaints about our edge is the constant issues with the MFT. When do you guys think the explorer will be available with the Sync 3? Did I read all fords will have it by the end of the year? I'd hate to miss out on it.

Did you happen to update MFT to the latest 3.6.2 version? Its been more or less bugs free... cause 3.5.x was the worst version ever...

Only 2016 Escape and Fiesta are getting SYNC 3 this year, all the rest line-up is due for the next year as 182RG said.

Only 2016 Escape and Fiesta are getting SYNC 3 this year, all the rest line-up is due for the next year as 182RG said.

Expedition is getting it also. I have my window sticker and Sync 3 is listed.

The my2017 will be around with sync3 july 2016 ony 13 month away. my lease id up dec 2016 my order will go in nov 2016

Focus as well.

Why would any Ford owner buy a 2016 Ford with MFT?

Pretty new SYNC 3 review:

Denis, I was looking at the 2016 Lincoln MKX info on their website, thinking maybe Ford's premium brand would have Sync3. I could not find a single mention on the website regarding Lincoln MFT OR Sync3. If fact, there's not a single mention about navigation. Ford is too embarrassed to even mention MFT. I struck up a chat with Lincoln's on-line rep and was told that Sync3 will not be available on the MKX until 2017!

This whole thing with Ford is ridiculous. I've been stuck with MFT since 2010. I don't think I can stand MFT for another four or five years. Ten years of MFT is like being stuck in a bad marriage.

Pretty new SYNC 3 review:

Denis, I was looking at the 2016 Lincoln MKX info on their website, thinking maybe Ford's premium brand would have Sync3. I could not find a single mention on the website regarding Lincoln MFT OR Sync3. If fact, there's not a single mention about navigation. Ford is too embarrassed to even mention MFT. I struck up a chat with Lincoln's on-line rep and was told that Sync3 will not be available on the MKX until 2017!

This whole thing with Ford is ridiculous. I've been stuck with MFT since 2010. I don't think I can stand MFT for another four or five years. Ten years of MFT is like being stuck in a bad marriage.

The 16 Expedition has Sync 3. They are showing up at dealers now. It's really a shame the MKX doesn't have it. The car it getting some decent reviews with the exception of MLT.

Seems to me Ford messed everything up again this time around with delivering new infotainment.
My opinion if you do it, do it right in the first palace or just Don't do it.
Sync 3 should've been properly tested to fit all vehicles in Ford/Lincoln lineup and should've been released all at once lets say starting 2017 model year.
Moreover, if Lincoln is considered to be a premium brand then it should've got it first.
Well, maybe Ford is waiting for customer reviews regarding Sync 3 to fix some bugs for Lincoln?

I think Ford is taking the correct approach this time in releasing Sync 3 in stages. I do not exactly why it is and as far as I know that reason has never been made public so everything regarding that is pure speculation.
BTW, Lincoln does not have MFT. Lincoln uses MLT. ;)

Peter

I think Ford is taking the correct approach this time in releasing Sync 3 in stages. I do not exactly why it is and as far as I know that reason has never been made public so everything regarding that is pure speculation.
BTW, Lincoln does not have MFT. Lincoln uses MLT. ;)

Peter
Thanks, having owned both I see little difference except the labeling. Personally, both deserve the same expletive label.:D

Thanks, having owned both I see little difference except the labeling. Personally, both deserve the same expletive label.:D
Both MFT and MLT have been flawless in my vehicles.

Peter

Really

Both MFT and MLT have been flawless in my vehicles.

Peter

Even if that were true, which I find hard to believe, the horrible reviews time after time, year after year, do not particularly address crashes. The M*T is extremely clunky, difficult to use and defies logic whenever the operator attempts to input data, either for navigation or any of the dozens of other useless features.

The touch? screen has acquired a nickname among our family members. We our M*F "Poke and Stab."

I defy you to find a single positive M*T review in the current market. Why Ford continues to aggravate it's loyal customer base is beyond me.

I've watched the Sync3 YouTube demos and it appears they have finally figured it out. Just having the capacitive touch screen would solve a lot of problems. I just not sure I want to wait until 2017.

I just wish they would have put it in ALL 2016 products rather than dragging it out.:salute:

Even if that were true, which I find hard to believe, the horrible reviews time after time, year after year, do not particularly address crashes. The M*T is extremely clunky, difficult to use and defies logic whenever the operator attempts to input data, either for navigation or any of the dozens of other useless features.

The touch? screen has acquired a nickname among our family members. We our M*F "Poke and Stab."

I defy you to find a single positive M*T review in the current market. Why Ford continues to aggravate it's loyal customer base is beyond me.

I've watched the Sync3 YouTube demos and it appears they have finally figured it out. Just having the capacitive touch screen would solve a lot of problems. I just not sure I want to wait until 2017.

I just wish they would have put it in ALL 2016 products rather than dragging it out.:salute:

Agree to some extent. Except that MFT is painfully sluggish sometimes it wasn't so bad if to compare with some competitors products (pretty much up until recently, new GM infotainment not so bad at all).
+1 to capacitive touch screen and instant rollout to all Fords lineup. The only flaw of capacitive vs resistive it does accept only finger touches, no more gloves, well at least not every glove...

C'est vrai. Il y a beaucoup de chars qui marche juste comme prévu.

Ok, so there's one owner who thinks the system is perfect. Anyone else?

Well, for starters it does do what it was intended for, if you push play button music plays, push switch channel button it switches radio channel, everything else just a background noise, :)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, for starters it does do what it was intended for, if you push play button music plays, push switch channel button it switches radio channel, everything else just a background noise, :)

I agree Denis, unless you add the Nav system.

Steve

Back