Sync 3 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync 3

I don't recall the Favorites home screen. My Limited was manufactured in Feb. 2011 and I never saw anything about that. As well, my MFT worked very well.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't recall the Favorites home screen. My Limited was manufactured in Feb. 2011 and I never saw anything about that. As well, my MFT worked very well.

Peter

The home screen selection menu

myford-touch-personalizing-your-home-screen.jpg

And what it looked like filled with shortcuts/favorites

11_myfordtouch_04_shortcuts_screen_hr.jpg

I used to use this as the default home screen as it allowed quick access to most settings and functions. For instance in order to change ambient lighting we now have to go through three menus, when you use to be able to add it as a shortcut. Same with things like connecting to a phone or turning on bluetooth internet, etc.

Furthermore, you find it necessary to stick in every post about MFT that you don't experience any problems, and that yours works well. While I'm very happy (honestly) that you have experienced no problems with it, by doing this after every post in which someone expresses a concern you minimize their concern as if to say its not real or valid. Please stop. The comment about yours working fine doesn't pertain to anything related to the post you were responding to, it has nothing to do w/ the problems people are having. We all know by now that you don't have any issues with MFT, but there are many on here that do, which is the point of the posts above.

According to the build and price for the 2016 Explorer, it will be shipping with MFT not Sync 3. That's a bummer. I was considering upgrading to the 2016, but might wait until the '17MY now.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-23%20at%202.46.00%20PM.png

According to the build and price for the 2016 Explorer, it will be shipping with MFT not Sync 3. That's a bummer. I was considering upgrading to the 2016, but might wait until the '17MY now.

Screen%20Shot%202015-02-23%20at%202.46.00%20PM.png

I would say Sync 3 will be available later in the '16 MY, just not at production start up. But, the Explorer will be the first vehicle to use the new system.

it is different architecture. It is like trying to install Windows on Mac or vice versa...

I do not think so, I can install Mac on my windows hardware, and I saw ppl install windows in their Mac hardware. The difference is not that big, but ford have to commit to work on this side project to its customers!

Info from my contacts at CAP is that the 16 Explorer will ship with SYNC3 hardware....whether or not they release the software at Job1 in May is another issue.

Im trying to confirm this now because I want a 16 Sport as well, but will wait for 17 if thats the not the case.

Info from my contacts at CAP is that the 16 Explorer will ship with SYNC3 hardware....whether or not they release the software at Job1 in May is another issue.

Im trying to confirm this now because I want a 16 Sport as well, but will wait for 17 if thats the not the case.

If you replace your 14 sport to a 16 sport only because Sync 3 I would seriously question how ford is taking care its customers. I am with you man, sync2 is retarded by far, however the engine and everything else still pretty awesome

Ugh, I was going to go trade in today on a 15 with a 2 year lease so I could get the 17 for this same reason.

If you replace your 14 sport to a 16 sport only because Sync 3 I would seriously question how ford is taking care its customers. I am with you man, sync2 is retarded by far, however the engine and everything else still pretty awesome

Dont get me wrong I LOVE my Sport especially with the SCT 94 tune......and so far after loading v3.7 I haven't had any MFT issues to speak of.

I think your right, wait for a 17MY.

I will know more as we get closer to Job1, but to refresh to a 16 and still have MFT is a deal breaker for me and many others here I'm guessing.

Funny though, I got a 2015 Suburban from SIXT rental in LAX and have been driving it around. While its beautiful inside it's like driving the Titanic compared to a Sport. I will say the new Chevy MyLink system beats MFT hands down, especially how it's integrated with the dual screen Rear Seat Entertainment.

Dont get me wrong I LOVE my Sport especially with the SCT 94 tune......and so far after loading v3.7 I haven't had any MFT issues to speak of.

I pulled the trigger on a '15 Sport today. I did a 2 year lease so depending on the 2017 options I'll likely settle into one of those in 2 years. From everything I can find and see (talking to dealers and based on the ordering guide) the '16 ships w/ MFT and will not be upgradeable, the longer I wait the less my '13 is worth so I decided to be done w/ it.

New Ride Details:

'15 Sport
Magnetic Metallic
401a Option Package
2nd Row Buckets
2nd Row Console
Adaptive Cruise
Dual Moon Roof

I pulled the trigger on a '15 Sport today. I did a 2 year lease so depending on the 2017 options I'll likely settle into one of those in 2 years. From everything I can find and see (talking to dealers and based on the ordering guide) the '16 ships w/ MFT and will not be upgradeable, the longer I wait the less my '13 is worth so I decided to be done w/ it.

New Ride Details:

'15 Sport
Magnetic Metallic
401a Option Package
2nd Row Buckets
2nd Row Console
Adaptive Cruise
Dual Moon Roof

Thats the same colour/build I will be ordering.....do you notice much of a difference between your 13 and the new 15?

Thats the same colour/build I will be ordering.....do you notice much of a difference between your 13 and the new 15?

Other than the missing climate controls in the right display? ;)

It's probably just because the engine and suspension aren't broken in yet, but it seems like a much smoother and more refined drive. I'm pretty sure nothing has changed mechanically so it is likely just the difference between 80k miles and 12 miles.

The interior feels exactly the same (only with a nice new car smell again lol)

I'll have LMS reset my tuner this week, and as long as they have my strategy code already it should be tuned soon.

I will know more as we get closer to Job1, but to refresh to a 16 and still have MFT is a deal breaker for me and many others here I'm guessing.

Funny though, I got a 2015 Suburban from SIXT rental in LAX and have been driving it around. While its beautiful inside it's like driving the Titanic compared to a Sport. I will say the new Chevy MyLink system beats MFT hands down, especially how it's integrated with the dual screen Rear Seat Entertainment.

How does your Suburban driving experience compared to Ex sport?

How does your Suburban driving experience compared to Ex sport?

Burb is extremely nice inside but the black Suburban looks too much like a hearse now. Going 80MPH down I10 its great packing the family in comfort but cornering is another thing altogether.

Cant really say the Suburban is "fun" to drive like the Sport, but they arent really in the same class. I was looking at a full load 4WD Tahoe/Suburban LTZ and MSRP is between $60-$70K now.

Remember that only the low beams are LED. The high beams are Halogen Reflectors. I also believe that Riley mentioned SYNC3 would be in the 2016 Explorer. I don't believe any official announcement has yet been made as to which 2016 Ford models will have SYNC3.

Peter

Interesting article in today's Detroit Free Press about the 2015 Edge and SYNC3... The author explains the short '15 MY for the new Edge is because it will come with My Ford Touch. SYNC3 will be released on 2016 vehicles. If that is true, it would seem the new Explorer will have SYNC3. http://www.freep.com/story/money/cars/ford/2015/03/14/ford-edge-overview/70307800/

There are posts here that mention that the early 2016 Explorers will have the current MFT with SYNC3 being introduced later. At this point it seems that everything to do with SYNC3 and the Explorer is pure speculation.

Peter

All new 2016 fords will have the sync3

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back