Sync and iOS 6 | Page 10 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync and iOS 6

Well, that didn't work. I asked them to install V3.5.1. My service advisor told me it was all updated to the latest version. I hopped in and noticed no temp by the clock. I thought that was odd but I was not able to download the V3.2 update online (Sync site would not give me the option). I drove it back to work, ran the software "Sync Status Checker Tool" and guess what? I am still on V3.0.2!!

I don't have time to keep taking it back to the dealer. I just want to download the latest version and install it myself.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well, that didn't work. I asked them to install V3.5.1. My service advisor told me it was all updated to the latest version. I hopped in and noticed no temp by the clock. I thought that was odd but I was not able to download the V3.2 update online (Sync site would not give me the option). I drove it back to work, ran the software "Sync Status Checker Tool" and guess what? I am still on V3.0.2!!

I don't have time to keep taking it back to the dealer. I just want to download the latest version and install it myself.

Do you have navigation?

While I don't advise you ignore the fine print in the TSB that says only techs should do it, I don't see why you would have any problems. Download the latest version from the link on the TSB and follow the instructions.

A link to the TSB and instructions can be found in the "New Navigation Card (A4)" thread.

Picking my girl up from the dealer today. A pillar and d puller rattles are supposedly fixed... Along with 3.5.1

Hope it works!

Yesterday while driving I received 2 iMessages from my iPhone5 running iOS6.0.1(not text messages) through MFT. The sender was on an iPhone as well.

This is the first since MFT v3.5.1 installed.

Then I tried to use voice command reply but it responded with "Messaging is not supported on this device"

No more messages since.

Picking my girl up from the dealer today. A pillar and d puller rattles are supposedly fixed... Along with 3.5.1

Hope it works!

What's the d puller? I have a rattle that's coming from somewhere in the front (I also have the A pillar noise) but I haven't figured out yet where it is.

I'm sure they meant D-Pillar.

78390573.gif

Hey Folks, a 2013 Limited here running 3.5.1 and I'm getting "messaging not supported on this device" while using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.1. Problem is, when the phone is connected through Bluetooth, I don't get any notification of a text, it's silent. Am I missing something?! Thanks,

CES Announcement from Ford - Sync update ?

We will probably get stuck with the old useless buggy version with no app integration or proper BT functionality

During last week's Los Angeles Auto Show, a Ford spokesman told us to expect big tech announcements at CES without being specific on what they were. We expect Ford to show off the latest iteration of its MyFord Touch cabin tech interface, which it continues to update even for existing owners. Ford can also look to new app integration with its Sync system, as the company adds new functionality almost monthly.

Read more: http://www.cnet.com/8301-34438_1-57556852/cars-evolve-at-ces-2013/#ixzz2E3XpyiIX

http://www.cnet.com/8301-34438_1-57556852/cars-evolve-at-ces-2013/?part=rss&subj=news&tag=title

Hey Folks, a 2013 Limited here running 3.5.1 and I'm getting "messaging not supported on this device" while using an iPhone 5 with iOS 6.0.1. Problem is, when the phone is connected through Bluetooth, I don't get any notification of a text, it's silent. Am I missing something?! Thanks,

Your not alone, the rest of us (with a few exceptions) aren't getting audible text messaging through MFT either.

Rebecca explained in another thread its to do with Apple releasing a "proprietary" version of Bluetooth MAP.

Will take some programming to get that "handshake" worked out.

IOS 6 Beta 3 is out. I will load it today and let you know how it does with messaging. I have an iPhone 4. Not sure how General has it working still...

This was on the SYNC Owner to Owner Forum

126 Nov-15 From: NEED2ESCAPELTD To: All

I can not get my text messages either even though the system recognizes the iPhone has the capability now. I was ok before the update because I could at least hear when I got a text message, however now, I cant hear the message notification if my phone is connected to any Bluetooth device. While I would like the text messaging to work with Sync, the fact that the update broke something that was working is what irritates me the most.

I sent an email to Apple CEO Tim Cooks office and actually got a call back from the his office who has put me in touch with an internal technician. I am in IT , and a software developer. Looking at this from a developer view the issue is totally Apple's, especially considering that everything worked perfectly in iOS 6 Beta 2, it was only after it was made release that everything stopped working. I have done a lot of testing on this issue and it points to security being added to the MAP by Apple. This is why Sync will now acknowledge that the phone has the capabilities, but cant download messages or send message. In short its trying to access it but the phone is not letting it.

After a long discussion with the tech, in which he first denied that he had heard anything about this issue, even though it is all over the internet and not just with Ford vehicles, he eventually agreed that it would appear to be the security issue and agreed to escalate it to engineering, but didn't think it would go anywhere. Mr. Cooks assistant checked up on the progress last night and I explained that although I figured it would go nowhere it was sad that the supposed premier smart phone did not have the capability that lesser phones had, even though it did during beta. She advised that she was going to take it herself to engineering as a priority.

Hopefully something will get done, otherwise I am left with the only option of changing phones because I bought my car to be able to fully utilize sync. Until then I am left with making decisions on if I want to use my hands free calling or be able to hear my text messages come in.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back