Sync Applink? | Page 11 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

The hardware is more than sufficient (has been discussed at length in other posts), MFT is very inefficient though, still based on Flash. It's possible that in order for applink to work with MFT they would have to scrap flash and start over (something they should have done a long time ago anyway).

We're saying the same thing. If they intend to keep the MFT code base as is, they needed to throw more hardware at it up front. They didn't. Or, they could have written more efficient code, then the hardware would have been sufficient.

Either way, it sounds like they are moving forward. Doesn't sound like they are going to look back, based on the seeming finality of their post in this thread. Think about it...the MFT crisis is somewhat over for them at this point. Their energy is in new models.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford has really dropped the ball with the lack of aplink on the MFT. I really enjoyed the aplink functionality ( non mft )when i rented a fusion last year, so I naturally "assumed" that feature would be on their mft system on my new 2014 Explorer. Shame on me for thinking Ford had their s together. Pathetic....

Hate streaming Rhapsody and it still showing what played last on my pandora stream. No controls for most of my streaming apps via the mft... just half arse engineering imo. Both on the hardware and software side of things.

Are there any apps available for Ford Explorer 2014?
I noticed that it is possible to install apps by yourself.
Not sure where I am supposed to get those apps.

I wish there was a marketplace of such apps...

If your referring to the graphic that shows you a button for adding Apps its not functional.

Its another future feature that got abandoned when the engineering team got put into survival mode trying to stabilize & salvage MFT over the past 3 years.

There's nobody left to update that existing platform feature set.

..why is it shown as a feature on models after 2013?
Because there is a difference between Sync with MyFord (basic), and Sync with MyFordTouch. Applink with basic Sync is available.

I've given up on Ford ever updating the MFT system again. We never got the apps functionality of the lesser sync system. And with a few updates ago of my android phone the messaging system of MFT will no longer work for my texts that used to. Ford told me it was google's fault. Ha... it's more on the design engineers @ Ford for not giving us consumers a polished product. And with them going a different direction on upcoming vehicles, rest assured they'll be no time invested in us that already have the MFT.

Adding Pandora to MFT Apps

Does anyone know if you can add Pandora radio to the MFT apps?

thanks,

Does anyone know if you can add Pandora radio to the MFT apps?

thanks,
Not sure what Apps MFT has but my understanding is that no Apps can be added. I've merged your thread with this one. This page and the rest of the thread will probably answer your question.

Peter

Thanks Peter,

I posted in the other section of the forums because this did not have any post in it for +6 months...The more I read about it says it will not be done...

thanks again,

Back