Sync Applink? | Page 7 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Applink?

I think $79 is cheap for a year. I guess I'm not most folks:eek:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I can take or leave Sirus, but the wife likes it and so we keep it up on hers...
I guess she likes ONE more media she can scroll thru to find just what she wants to listen to - she has a large ipod music library, years worth of audible audiobooks, am, fm, usb sticks, etc...
I actually am happy with the ford system in that the way the audi she drove worked ,
she had to take her eyes off the road more to reach over to the MMI which always worried me...

as with most price negotiation - let it lapse and they will offer you discounts... and given that you have a benchmark to shoot at - just be patient...

Hey CajunFord, we are tugging the rv down to Cajun Palms RV resort in Henderson? next weekend for a little rv reunion with a bunch of couples... it looks nice online... we'll see, but we always have a good time.... swing on by and let us see your gold leaf metallic !

Hey CajunFord, we are tugging the rv down to Cajun Palms RV resort in Henderson? next weekend for a little rv reunion with a bunch of couples... it looks nice online... we'll see, but we always have a good time.... swing on by and let us see your gold leaf metallic !

Wish I had time JohnBoyToo, but I have a wedding to attend this weekend among other family things. I hope you guys have a great time in Henderson! Enjoy some boiled crawfish while you guys are there.Crawfish season is just starting in the Basin while our season here in the rice fields has just ended. I live about 70 miles southwest of Henderson.

Applink

OK, forgive me. Im a total newbie to the explorer forums and I suddenly see the 'Applink' threads that have been batted around for a year or more...

http://boards.synccommunity.com/n/pfx/forum.aspx?tsn=86&nav=messages&webtag=fordsyncmb&tid=2436

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353310

4/2012:
Hey everyone!
We still plan to get AppLink into vehicles with MFT :)
Rebecca

Guess nothing ever came of this? A conscious decision by Ford to not put it into the Explorer? I am totally not buying the 'its not ready' angle. :p

Im not even sure I would use it... but it is definitely... interesting - without knowing what they are up to with respect to product positioning etc. Unfortunately is looks like a simple money grab to get people to sign up for Sirius rather than streaming Pandora or InTune - which is silly when you look at it.

Note to Ford: Choice is good, unless people choose the competition because the offering is artificially restrictive. A relationship with Sirius should be only 1 component part of a larger ecosystem of providing me, the customer, with choices. That makes me happy, and makes me feel like you are on my side. Actually - I am exceptionally easy to please - but I assure you one thing I do not react well to - is being told what I can, and cannot do.

(...stepping down off soapbox...gads what an insufferable windbag...) :D

p.s. I am completely enjoying the new Explorer.

Your right, Im sure licensing with Sirius is part of this if a not a huge part but from a software standpoint the current MFT has so many issues it wouldn't be prudent to add another variable at this point.

I want it too because I stream music from other sources (TuneIn Radio) on my Smartphone but I want a stable MFT that works as advertised first.

So I checked SyncMyRide.com and there is a update for the Explorer. Unfortunately YOU have to request the updated SD card if you have Nav. And I also don't like the idea that I have to be checking for updates!

That said has anyone installed this update yet? Any inkling of applink?

So I checked SyncMyRide.com and there is a update for the Explorer. Unfortunately YOU have to request the updated SD card if you have Nav. And I also don't like the idea that I have to be checking for updates!

That said has anyone installed this update yet? Any inkling of applink?

I don't see an update, what version does it say you are currently on? Are you sure it's not offering you the 3.5.1 upgrade that came out at the end of last year?

the latest version of the Sirius app on iphone says it is now compatible with ford applink

I don't understand why Sirius would work so hard on updating their app to work with mft app link and have a ton of instructions if ford isn't going to make it available?

don't really care MFT does everything I want anyway

I'm pretty sure the non-mft sync vehicles have applink?

I don't understand why Sirius would work so hard on updating their app to work with mft app link and have a ton of instructions if ford isn't going to make it available?

don't really care MFT does everything I want anyway

Sync (without MFT) has applink. The Sirius update is for those vehicles.

I would like an app that give me the option of a digital speedo.

Anyone see this info about the 2015 Mustang with MFT having AppLink as well?

Appears that there's a version of MFT with Applink now.

Also this version shows Tire Pressure for each tire, which is long overdue.

http://fordauthority.com/2013/12/20...il&utm_term=0_74c392f506-790ee29c2e-363945409

Maybe. But if you read the fine print:
"Standard and available technology features of the 2015 Ford Mustang include

Ford SYNC connectivity system, with Bluetooth, two USB ports, enhanced voice recognition for hands-free control and access to SYNC Services, 911 Assist, Vehicle Health Report and more
MyFord Touch: Adds an eight-inch high-resolution touch screen display, more natural voice recognition with improved accuracy, and simplified controls for the available SD card-based navigation
AppLink: Gives drivers the ability to control more than 60 smartphone apps for information and entertainment using simple voice commands
"

Unless I missed something (which is possible) - It doesn't say that Applink comes with models with MFT, just that it is available - as in, available on non-MFT sync only models (just like what we have now).

I hope you are right though.

If you ARE right, I wonder if earlier models would get that update?

I did see this article: http://autogeeks.com/2013/07/12/myford-touch-applink-support-in-the-works/ a couple weeks ago, but other than coming from a source "high up" in Ford, it just restates the same old stuff - "We're working on it." - I should note that the article is from July 2013

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back