• Register Today It's free!

Sync Lady's Voice Garbled

dinom

Reaction score
City, State
MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
When I use the voice commands, the female voice from Sync will often break up mid-sentence, sounding very strange and garbled. Other times, instead of the unintelligible voice, I'll get a loud static burst that seems like it will blow out the speakers. This happens a lot, to the point that I don't use the voice commands much anymore.

Anyone else see this?

My X was build with 2.8 MFT.

Thanks,
Dino

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi Dino,

Yes, we all have the static voice. Some of the voice commands come out fine, some (especially navigation) are horribly static. The beep that indicates the system is ready for you to speak is also very static.

Jose

Uh, my sync lady is not garbled and I haven't noticed any static while using voice commands. So I guess we don't "all" have this problem. I also have version 2.8.

Ya, something is definitely wrong with ours.

My lady sounds sexy still. I speak to her when my wife is not in the truck.

"We All" do not have a problem. My Sync Lady sounds fine not sexy just fine.

Mine is fine as well. 2.4

My Sync lady is also fine. V2.7 Here. No static, not garbled.

For those of you saying that your sync lady doesn't sound static. do you have nav?

I have nav and Sony stereo. Abrego702, don't bother telling the sync lady "I love you". I tried that, she didn't understand.:D

I have Nav and Sony. 2.8

OK, so it's not a nav non/nav thing. Wish you could hear it, it's bad!

When I use the voice commands, the female voice from Sync will often break up mid-sentence, sounding very strange and garbled. Other times, instead of the unintelligible voice, I'll get a loud static burst that seems like it will blow out the speakers. This happens a lot, to the point that I don't use the voice commands much anymore.

Anyone else see this?

My X was build with 2.8 MFT.

Thanks,
Dino
I know this is an older thread but I wanted to check in to see if you still had this issue dinom. If so, have you tried a master reset yet? In order to perform a MFT Master Reset, follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button on the top of the radio display.
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. Press the SYSTEM button.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to pull up more options.
5. Press the MASTER RESET button.

The next course of action would be a fuse pull. Also, before you pair your phone again, you will want to remove SYNC from the listed Bluetooth devices in your phone. If you’d like further help, you can call the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) for live troubleshooting.

Cory

I know this is an older thread but I wanted to check in to see if you still had this issue dinom. If so, have you tried a master reset yet? In order to perform a MFT Master Reset, follow these steps:

1. Press the MENU button on the top of the radio display.
2. Press the SETTINGS button.
3. Press the SYSTEM button.
4. Press the DOWN ARROW to pull up more options.
5. Press the MASTER RESET button.

The next course of action would be a fuse pull. Also, before you pair your phone again, you will want to remove SYNC from the listed Bluetooth devices in your phone. If you’d like further help, you can call the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) for live troubleshooting.

Cory

Cory-

Is this master reset going to resolve the "staticky voice" problem? Seems to me the voice was recorded that way. My system has re-booted itself several times now and the voice fuzziness has not changed.

Just to be clear on "static" I hear. It's not that the voice is static, I hear a loud blast of static noise that interrupts the speaking voice. I am going to see if it's only during certain voice commands or all that I hear it.

Cory-

Is this master reset going to resolve the "staticky voice" problem? Seems to me the voice was recorded that way. My system has re-booted itself several times now and the voice fuzziness has not changed.
I’m sorry I missed your question before vfral1. Yes, I recommend that the Master Reset would be the first step in troubleshooting this concern. If you have any further questions, Rebecca from the In-Vehicle Technology team (Username: FordIVTteam) can help looking into it because she’s amazing! :D

Cory

I don't have any static or breakup on mine. I have a limited with 302A (navigation). It works fine (when I remember the correct commands). If mine sounded like yours, and the reset did not fix it, I would take it to the dealer for warranty work.....It's BROKE!

Back