Sync Update gone wrong | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Update gone wrong

Talon747

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer, Limited
I got a message in my Ford owner home saying that that Sync2 -v3.10 update is available. So followed the instructions and did the update as instructed. 40 Mins later just a blank screen my touch screen is blank. No screen at all. Any suggestions please? Everything was working perfectly well before the udpate

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
When did you complete the update? Did you get the message Update Successful or Complete or something similar? I completed an update once but the screen showed I was still on the previous version. After turning the vehicle off and back on a little later, the updated version showed.

Peter

Welcome to the Forum.:wave:
When did you complete the update? Did you get the message Update Successful or Complete or something similar? I completed an update once but the screen showed I was still on the previous version. After turning the vehicle off and back on a little later, the updated version showed.

Peter
Thanks for the reply, IT went into blank screen mode after the first reboot and didn't do anything for over 40 mins.

Anyway I am sorted now, After bit of a panic and kicking myself for doing starting the update, I remembered I had the ford app on my phone that connects via Bluetooth dongle on ODB port. Went in and did a module rest and that seem to kick off the update again and then started to copy the files from the USB.... Phew, thought I bricked it.

Back