tail lights tinted?? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tail lights tinted??

like someone stated above I too also did this to my tail lights. I used the Nite Shades spray and I picked in up at www.summit.com

It is Very thin so i suggest removing the tail lights and laying them on a flat surface. My friend did his lights on the truck and it ran everywhere....

Do nice thin coats it it will come out awesome. Mine have been done for about 3 years and still looks great.

Speaking of tinted headlights... I was thinking of doing mine one of these days.... I bought the tinted headlinghts for my 93 mustang and they look just plan AWESOME and they are DOT approved so I dont see why doing the lights on the X would be any different.

also... if you do spray them and get runs and/or need/want to remove it... just sand it off with 1500-2000 grit sand paper.... it will leave your lenses looking like brand new!!!

I have thought about the headlights. But I just want them clear. I am however going to do my buddy's GT with clear corners. Just a couple of light coats to blend them in to the black Mustang.

If you want to tint your headlights, why don't you buy some headlight protectors and spray them? That way, if you get pulled up for them, then you can just pull the covers off.

Back