Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tarmac tyre noise.

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by lunar9999, June 19, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. lunar9999

lunar9999 New Member

City, State:
      Queensland
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2003 Explorer XLT
      Hi All
      I am new to Serious Explorations. I am from Australia and my 2004 Explorer XLT 4X4 is my 3rd Explorer.
      My problem is with tarmac tyre noise. I run Maxxis 751 at 37 psi. They started to become noisy at around 3000kms. The noise increases up to its maximum at around 80 kms per hr. All alignments etc have been checked and adjusted. tyres rotated. Front wheel bearings on the drivers side showed a little wear and were replaced. Any suggestions? Has any member had experience with Maxxis 751 tyres?

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. BrooklynBay

BrooklynBay Moderator & long time member. Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Brooklyn, NY
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      88 89 93 95 96 Aerostars
      Welcome to this forum! I've moved your thread into the tires & wheels section.