Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Tbars4 has passed away - A good friend to EF

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by Rick, April 7, 2017.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. 96firephoenix

96firephoenix Active Member

City, State:
    Indianapolis, IN
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2002 Ford Explorer XLT
    Sad to hear!

I never met him, but he was one of the names that stood out as always having helpful posts. I'll miss his input in the forum.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Brian1

Brian1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Albuquerque, NM
    1991 XLT
    Callsign:
    KG5BAQ
    Ted was a great friend who I shared a lot of time in the back country with, I probably have the most off-road miles with him than anyone else I know. When I first met Ted I never met him at all: In the spring of 2008 I had planned a trip to the Mojave Road to meet him there but I got in a crash halfway there. He was on the phone helping me in any way he could. Fast forward to the Fall of 2008 and my Explorer was fixed and I planned the annual Colorado Colors run to Ouray. Once I got to Ouray he surprised me by showing up unannounced where I finally got to meet him in person and go wheeling. Ever since then we have been on many adventures - many epic trips to the Mojave Road, a few times in the Moab area, a few times to Colorado, a trip where we drove to the bottom of the Grand Canyon, some exploring around Arizona and some trips to Comb Ridge in Utah where we hiked to many cool ruins. Other times we would meet up at shows like SEMA, Off-road Expo or the Overland Expo and of course King of the Hammers. He was always there to offer a ride from the airport or around town during SEMA and of course tease me with In-n-out. He lived an interesting life that many don't know about and I enjoyed hearing bits and pieces of it through the years. Recently we had talked about doing another Mojave Road trip since it had been quite some time since our last one. RIP Ted, you will be missed

• Like Like x 9
  4. Suicide77

Suicide77 Elite Explorer Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    1993 Explorer
    Man, Ted was a good guy. He always put in a positive 2 cents on the forum and was quick to respond to anything going on. Only met him in Moab, and he had a great, "Let's do this and have a good time!" attitude. Gonna miss him.

• Like Like x 2
  5. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Knoxville, TN
    98 Limited AWD
    Wow, Ted Tbars4 will be missed a lot. I recall how friendly and helpful he was when he first joined. Thanks for the shared thoughts about him, I wish I could have met him. God bless you Ted Feger, and your family.

• Like Like x 2
  6. 1996xlt

1996xlt Active Member

City, State:
    South Mills, NC
    02 Ranger XLT
    Definitely a great loss to the RBV community, TBars was a wealth of knowledge and an excellent shooter with a camera. I never met him (unfortunately) but he is missed already.

• Like Like x 1
  7. gmanpaint

gmanpaint It's Always Something! Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    MO MO
    94 & 95 XLT's
    Just heard thru social media. Still hasn't sunk in all the way yet. :(

RIP Ted, you were one of a kind, and will be sorely missed in & around the Off Road community, by many, many people.

• Like Like x 5
  8. toypaseo

toypaseo Flunked daycare Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    outside shovelling snow
    ................ 96 XLT ™
    RIP Tbars4. Thank you for all you have done.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Varsity

Varsity Don't need no stinkin 4WD...yet Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Chicago Ridge, IL
    '00 Sport
    A true loss to the EF family.

I never met him, but in my hours upon hours of browsing the site and registries, I always remember seeing countless posts by him all over willing to help in any way he can. Never saw a negative thing get posted on his end, and just seemed like an all around pleasant guy that embodied EF. Seeing all these posts only proves that he was a great guy that touched countless lives in and outside of the site.

Thanks for everything Tbars, (Ted). May you rest in peace. You're in everyone's thoughts and prayers

• Like Like x 1
  10. GJarrett

GJarrett Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Chief GPS'um and Still Lost Native Texan
    '99 EB 4x4 "Herc" RIP
    What a loss for all of us and a reminder of how precious and fleeting life is. Rest in Peace, Ted.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Dirt Junky

Dirt Junky New Member

City, State:
    Tarpon, FL
    1998 XLT 4.0L SOHC
    He has helped me out threw the last couple years with my Explorer and pitched a few ideas my way that lead to some things being built on my Explorer today.
    Some horrible news to hear about such a nice man. He will be dearly missed and condolences go to his family and friends.
    He can get some amazing shots of off road events from up above now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Boomer12

Boomer12 Active Member

City, State:
    Hesperia, Ca.
    '11 Raptor Screw
    Always a bummer to find out about things like this. Ted was a truly great guy, and was always a blast to wheel with; I have several fond memories of our adventures in t-haven, Big Bear, and the local desert... Rest in peace buddy, and give Harley a big ole pat from me.
    :(

• Like Like x 4
  13. shucker1

shucker1 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Metairie, Louisiana
    98 XLT 5.0
    All,

At the risk of offending anyone, we mourn the loss of Tbars4 today but fear not, We Will All Meet Again Someday!

RIP Mr. Feger

• Like Like x 2
  14. 5spdman

5spdman Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Stryker, OH
    91 Explorer XLT
    I met Ted just the one time in Moab, but he was such a great guy to talk to. Never failed that I'd see his name pop up on every other thread here, giving advice or a friendly comment. I followed his pictures online of the events he went to since I had met him and loved every one. His skills with a camera, his personality and his presence will surely be missed...

RIP Ted...til we all meet again...

• Like Like x 1
  15. reddi

reddi Elite Explorer

Where the city meets the desert in Arizona
    City, State:
    Gold Canyon, Arizona
    1996 explorer xlt 4wd
    May his soul Rest in Peace. May he find comfort in the everlasting light of the Lord.

• Like Like x 2
  16. yostyexplorer94

yostyexplorer94 Yost Offroad Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

Media:
    City, State:
    South Central PA
    1994 Explorer
    Callsign:
    yosty
    Sorry to hear. I have read and learned from his posts since I joined the forum. Rest in peace Tbars4.

17. james t

james t Elite Explorer Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Texarkana AR/TX
    94 SAS sport
    Rest in peace brother. :(

18. Josh P

Josh P Shaggin Wagon Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Phoenix Az
    1991 aerostar
    Sad news, a loss for all of us.

19. mounty71

mounty71 It's green, not gray. Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Oakland, CA
    '00 Mountaineer
    This really makes you think about how big a part of life these forums become, and how the members themselves become a part of a hobby. Even if you never meet a forum regular, you get a sense of who they are and their personality, and just knowing that they're there to offer help when it's needed is a big part of what makes these forums such a great "place" to hang out. As nice and helpful as Ted seems online, he was exactly the same in person. He just seemed to appear on EF one day with a wealth of knowledge and a positive attitude, and luckily he stuck around. I didn't know Ted all that well, but when I used to live closer to him he was still one of the most helpful guys. He always had a passenger seat available for anyone who needed it, as long as you didn't mind Harley walking all over your lap. He was a huge help to me when I decided to regear my truck, and when I ran into issues with the mechanic Ted made sure I was taken care of and not left high and dry. When I took my dad along on off-road trips Ted would always make sure my dad felt included as well. He really seemed to gain a lot of joy in his life when he started shooting photos for off-road races, probably because he was so friendly and it offered him a whole new community to make friends in. I never would have thought that the passing of someone I barely knew would have such an impact on me, but I feel fortunate to have known him these past several years. If anyone knows of a way to offer help with anything, please let me know.

• Like Like x 6
  20. BKennedy

BKennedy Elite Loser Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    San Diego, PRofK
    1994 XLT
    Ted was a good friend to many. I still have a bottle of rum he left in my RV for "next time". Guess I will have to wait a little bit longer.

Like Rick said, if anybody has any contact information for any relatives, please PM Rick. All the years I knew him, he never mentioned any relatives, just an x-wife from long ago.

• Like Like x 2
  21. hlg99

hlg99 Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Boston
    08 Mounty Premier
    RIP my friend.

• Like Like x 1