Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Tea Party day

Discussion in 'Exploring everything under the sun!!' started by aldive, April 15, 2009.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1. celly

celly disturber of the peace

City, State:
    calgary
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    99 eb 5.0 awd
    I know what you're saying but these Republican pity parties always seem to dominate the political discussions even on topics that didn't start as political discussions. I actually got spammed via PM the other day on another automotive site from someone that insisted he needed to be heard. I'd rather see none of these discussions at all. I get enough of the drama on the news. I come here for the escape. They're not debates anyhow. They're just one side imposing their views on the other. Not much in the way of middle ground. Becomes somewhat polarizing. :thumbdwn:

I normally just ignore these threads, but it is fun to drop in some opposing views now and again. :D

(EDITORS NOTE: Don is a dude anyhow. I've got all the respect in the world for him. We've had some spirited discussions in the past and I do appreciate the fact he doesn't go all "postal" on me...pun intended :D).

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20.

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no advertisements, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. Gus Gorilla

Gus Gorilla Active Member

City, State:
    The Cradle of Naval Aviation
    2001 Sport Trac 4X4
  4. MONMIX

MONMIX I fix dents Staff Member Moderator Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Millersville , Maryland
    2000 Explorer Sport
    how is this thread still open?

5. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Knoxville, TN
    98 Limited AWD
    I ranted at the government more than I planned to. Let me know Al or moderators if I should alter or delete any of mine. I would not flame or get too bent over any individual, this is about freedom and taxes, not personal issues. I said my peace to agree with the idea of the tea party day, not to cause conflicts. Night,

6. RockRanger

RockRanger Elite Ranger Elite Explorer

City, State:
    Fresno CA
    86 ranger no more
    Callsign:
    KK6TDL
    As Mr. Joe said for everyone to be patriotic and pay there fair share. No one has ever said is how much is the fair sare. After calculating what my wife and I paid in SS, Federal/state taxes, sales taxes, licences, fees, and all the rest of the crap. We ended up right at about 50%. We sure didn't make six figures.

7. shamaal

shamaal Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Friensdwood, Texas
    91 Mazda Navajo
    Taxation with representation ain't that hot either. :D

8. INOV8TN

INOV8TN New Member

City, State:
    Salisbury, NC
    1994 2.3 L 2WD Ranger
    Just my $0.02

1) The taxation on businesses will raise prices until they are put out of businesses. This is an old trick notably used in NYC to take over the subway system: City Council held prices constant even though costs were going up. Then when the IRT, BMT, etc went bankrupt the City took over and now the subway is a money maker for the City.

2) The TEA Parties aren't about R or D. The TEA Parties are non-partisan. Don't believe the regular news outlets - they work for the government - who ever happens to be in power. Government is taking a (nother) page out of the Nazi playbook and the Nazi's learned it from Mussolini: take over communication, transportation, banking, industry... pretty soon you have total control over the population.

3) There are fascists in both parties. They have been playing the fear game with us for decades - regularly whipping us up into a fear based dependency on one hand and trimming our rights on the other. Read up on what Goebbles had to say about this. http://www.psywarrior.com/Goebbels.html

9. Metel

Metel Active Member

City, State:
    Nashville
    '97 EB
    Remember, remember the 5th of November...

10. Sojourner

Sojourner Active Member

City, State:
    Out in the boonies, California (Homeland/Romoland)
    2000 Toyota Camry
    While I didn't go to our local "tea party," I am in full support of what it stands for. I am pretty much a moderate in most things, a little to the right on some things and a little to the left on others (they used to call this a mugwhump). I don't agree with telling people that they have to live their lives like Christ told us to because it is their choice to live how they want. It is only our duty to share the gospel and move on. They either accept it or they don't and we can't be held responsible for other people's choices. I don't believe that abortion should be a means of birth control, although (again) it is up to a woman what she wants to do with her body. I won't dictate morals to anyone who isn't interested in morality. I do believe that there are special cases for abortion (rape, incest or if the mother's health is in danger). I don't consider a female younger than 18 to be a woman and, therefore (except in extreme cases), it is up to her parents to make decisions regarding any pregnancies. I don't agree with making the working class or rich pay for healthcare that others can't afford because they are too lazy to work or get an education. I do agree that there are those who really DO need our help and should have it, whether it is because they are disabled or temporarily unable to work. I don't believe that our government should be bailing out companies whose executives have collected billions of dollars over the past few decades and pocketed the money for themselves while they laid off hundreds of thousands of workers, making those who are left behind do the work of two or more people! If that makes me an extremist, then, by God, I'm an extremist because I am an AMERICAN and I believe this country needs to get back to its roots!

Last edited: April 17, 2009
  11. INOV8TN

INOV8TN New Member

City, State:
    Salisbury, NC
    1994 2.3 L 2WD Ranger
    Should ever be forgot...

Not that TEA Parties == Treason but the NSA no doubt has been reprogrammed (or not) and is watching, watching...

As TEA Party participants (500,000) or wannabes (10's of millions?) we have already been categorized as right wing extremists by our own government.

The leviathan is strong and cunning and will fight hard to preserve itself.

Sojourner - you could be a libertarian. Go here to find out: http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html

12. 410Fortune

410Fortune Snow Season Staff Member Moderator

City, State:
    NORTH IDAHO, 7B
    B2 Slightly Modified
    Good morning everyone!! I am staying out of this, we dont want to offend anyone on the 4x4 forum, and even if the country is partially split (election was not a landslide) we still stand United

protesting is a GOOD THING, even if you dont agree with the message, its awesome just to see that it is allowed and it should be encouraged in the USA

13. Metel

Metel Active Member

City, State:
    Nashville
    '97 EB
    Well said!

14. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Wayoutin, Aridzona
    '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
    Callsign:
    AB7FH
    I thought GW already did that... That's what we're now trying to dig ourselves our from :rolleyes: GW had 8 years to prove that trickle down economics was the way to go. The only thing that trickled down in those 8 years is the American standard of living.

Where were the tea parties when GW demanded congress pass HIS 800 BILLION dollar bail out? Why did the protesters wait until Obama took office to start complaining?:dunno:

No consistency at all... :rolleyes:

Oh, by the way. I just read today that Obama rejected the idea of a renewal of the assault weapons ban. So much for that conspiracy theory...

15. Metel

Metel Active Member

City, State:
    Nashville
    '97 EB
    You're right. He single handedly ruined the country :rolleyes:

Just so you know, at the time he tried to push his bailout most republicans, all libertarians and all conservatives had already become disgusted with GW. When he started pushing amnesty it was the final straw for most.

16. Sojourner

Sojourner Active Member

City, State:
    2000 Toyota Camry
    That wasn't President Bush's doing! It was a concerted effort on the part of a mostly Democrat senate and house of representatives ALONG WITH President Bush (don't forget, he had advisors who told him this was the only thing to be done). Also, it was a $700 billion dollar bailout. I wasn't happy about that either but then Obama came along and promised change! So far, I don't see any change except for the worse! He/they (and I DO mean all of them) are STILL not listening to the people and doing government as usual!

Oh, and INOV8TN, I came out just right of being a centrist. That's actually the typical "mugwhump" realm, either just left or just right of center or actually in the center.

17. Sojourner

Sojourner Active Member

City, State:
    2000 Toyota Camry
    Wrong! It has been sliding downhill for decades! Each president has had a hand in ruining this country and taking away basic freedoms from the individuals (for the good of the country). You only have to research to know this is true. Ever since Jimmy Carter and the incident in Iran, we have had a government that builds files on its own citizens and grows more and more self important by putting their hands in private businesses.

18. CDW6212R

CDW6212R Hauls the mail. Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Knoxville, TN
    98 Limited AWD
    That's great that you did some math to figure out what you think you make and paid in taxes. That's the good news.

Now add this to your existing figures. Employers have to pay matching SS and Medicare/Medicaid taxes right? That is 7.6% of your gross that they could/would pay you if the government didn't take it from them. Thus add that 7.6% to your gross, you really earned more than you think you did.

Lastly, what businesses pay taxes? Think on that for a bit... they all have products or services which they set prices for. How do they set their prices, do they have expenses which figure into the prices. Of course yes, all taxes by all business are part of the prices that they charge. If the government charged them $10 more per item that they sell, the price would go up at least that $10 per item.

Thus businesses pay effectively zero taxes. They simply add all of the government taxes into the price of their products. Long studies done a few years ago show that on average, for all products and services that we buy, we pay 22% in taxes as part of what we buy. For every $100 that you spend on anything, on average $22 is being transferred to the government through their taxes.

That means that for accurate figures of taxes paid by American tax payers, add right at 30%(7.6+22) of your gross income to the other well known taxes that you pay. If you think that you pay 25%, wrong, you pay closer to 55% in total taxes. Just how much are we really paying in taxes right now, before the special Obama taxes kick in?

19. Rick

Rick Pumpkin Pilot Staff Member Admin Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Wayoutin, Aridzona
    '93 XL Pumpkin Edition
    Callsign:
    AB7FH
    Those advisers were part of Bush and Co. They were his "trusted" advisers. Bush also had 6 years with a Republican House and Senate. It's tough to blame the Democrats when they didn't have any real power.

It was going on before Carter. Nixon was the king of spying on citizens and breaking the law to get his way.

As far as only seeing changes for the worse. Our markets have been doing better for 5 or 6 straight weeks after months of decline. The market reacts to day to day changes. Obviously Wall Street believes things are getting better.

Given that Bush had 8 years to make our nation prosper and Obama has only had 2 months, I would say Obama is doing already doing a pretty good job of turning around the situation that was handed to him.

20. kert0307

kert0307 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Pella, Iowa
    '00 Sport and '89 B2
    Until the inflation hits from all the money artificially pumped into the economy...

21. Sojourner

Sojourner Active Member

City, State:
    2000 Toyota Camry
    The markets are only one part of the equation and they are not doing THAT much better. They saw their highest peak during the Bush administration and that would be impossible to maintain because of the failing businesses and housing markets, which began LONG before he came in to office. It was just a matter of time before the increased housing loans and bad business deals became apparent to everyone.

Don't forget that it was and still is the Democrat controlled senate and house of representatives that have been pushing for these bail out packages both during and after the Bush administration. I am not for either party because neither of them are for the people any longer! It is time we took back our country and let them know (through our votes) that we aren't happy with either one of them! If they have been in their positions for more than two terms, vote them out! PERIOD! No more grandfathering idiots like Pelosi, Kennedy, Boxer or Feinstein in! They don't deserve to shine our shoes!