Teens or Old people

Who's more Annoying Drivers:Teens or Old People

• Teenagers

Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Old people. Digger hit the nail on the head. I see old people driving Navigators, Expeditions, Town Cars, etc. They shouldn't be in that big of vehicle. I'm 18 and yeah I'll admit it. I do drive semi fast but I know that I'm not blocking people behind me. The old people who drive slow I pass them as soon as I can. I've had way to many old people in the past year try and kill my X with their big ass vehicles. At least most teenagers around here drive tin cans that will crumple if they hit the X. And for the most part it's teenage girls that are the worst. On their cell phones talking and not paying attention.

SoBeLover said:
Actually, I am equally annoyed by both. But what annoys me more are people that do stupid **** when they are behind the wheel. For example:

Tonight I took my youngest to the mall to have her ears pierced a second time. My brother was driving and out of nowhere a white Jeep crosses the lane without signaling 4 feet in front of my brother's Explorer, my brother literally had to jam on his brakes so he wouldn't hit him, then the Jeep proceeds to cross the lane again right in front of a tractor-trailer rig. Luckily for the driver of that Jeep he was just far enough that the rig would not have hit the Jeep. I have seen drivers cut off tractor-trailers a lot closer than that. Don't some people realize that those rigs DON'T stop on a dime? :fire:

sure they do... you just need a lot of dimes...

OC_Explorer said:
You sound like my mom albino

She sounds like a smart woman. :D

Maybe you should listen to what she says. :hammer:

I voted for old people. It's kind a of a draw in most cases because where I live there are a LOT of teens driving their rice rockets and doing very stupid things that makes me want to accerate when they cut me off so we can see if the 5000 pound truck can win against a 2500 pound car. And there are also the kids driving their brand new Chevy trucks lifted that floor it everywhere they go and are swerving through traffic.

Old people on the other hand tend to not obey the laws, and don't even realize they did it. It was an old person that ran a stopsign going onto a major road and forced me onto the center divider causing $7000 in damage. And the old person didn't even know it happened and drove right away...

I drive my grandpa places, like through fog and stuff, around 50kph in an 80kph zone. So its old person and teenager in the same car:D.

After today id have to say, Teenagers are worse drivers. They try to show off in a residential area, and then end up hitting someone.

Today i saw an ugly riced out car fly down the road in front of our school, slam on the brakes, and nail some girl. She was fine and got in the car. But it still was just dumb.

Old ppl. Its so dam stupid here. You will have 400 accedents from fast drivers in the winter and you wont get stuck behind anyone but once summer comes the old ppl are trying to race a bus up a hill and they are in a tie, the only problem is the bus has 3 cylenders out and it happens to be an old guy driving. 6 Hours back you have the end of the line following these morons. I dont mind passing ppl who do the speed limit but not when there doing under the speed limit in summer. If you can race like an idiot in winter then GOD DAM DO IT IN THE SUMMER TOO!!!

20122000_0167.jpg

And sometimes it is

I think that both are equally annoying. (I'm 18 myself).

On one hand you've got "grandma moses" doing 45 in the 55 simply because she knows that she isn't capable of safely traveling the speed limit. Old people who drive slow are really annoying because they hold up traffic and are extremely unpredictable (I've been cut off and pulled out in front of by more old people than teenagers!)

Then you've got teens who think that they are most capable drivers on the road. While they may be the most capable (because of the short reaction time and alertness that comes with youth), they are also the most dangerous drivers on the road because they think that they can do anything. Then you have teenage girls who are too ditzy to even ride a bike down the road without causing an accident! I have friends that regularly do 85 in 30 mph residential zones because they are "racing" and are trying to prove to each other that one's car/truck is faster than the other's. I tell them that they are absolute morons and I can't wait until they get their licenses revoked when the cops finally catch them! At the same time I hope and pray that they don't kill or injure someone with their stupid, brainless stunts!

Personally I am a semi-fast agressive driver. While around civilization I will only do 5-10 over the speed limit. Depending on conditions, sometimes I don't even do the speed limit i.e... fog, ice, constuction.... On the other hand on my way to and from home, (we practically live in the middle of a corn field) I will do 80-85 on long open country roads that have no houses and no other cars and you can see for miles. I don't see anything unsafe about this. Maybe this is my teen nature coming through but I don't think so because my dad does 100mph on these same roads!

TEENS!!!!!!!! I DRIVE A TRACTOR TRAILER IN THE washington dc area,!!!!!! LIL BRATS are all over the place,, they cut you off all the time then dont know how to handle certin situations!!!!!!!, Need to revoke their licenese till some one knocks some sense in their little heads..

Most annoying drivers?
Teens.
I rather be annoyed by someone driving too slow than too fast and wild. Theres nothing wrong with teens. I was one. But they just need a little time to realise that the road does NOT belong to them. After they grow up and learn that they can't tell everyone on the road what to do then they are ok drivers. Its just part of growing up. We all started off knowing everything. Well at least we thought we did.
The road belongs to everyone that has a license. And there are sure some bad old drivers out there too but its not up to us to decide when they have to give up driving. Its up to the States.
Everyone starts off young and if we are LUCKY enough we will all be old someday. If your young, just look at your parents and Grandparents and thats how you will look and drive someday. Its all in the cycle of life.
Enjoy your youth. Have fun. It only last a short time.

coming from an 18 year old guy-
both are annoying. ive had one accident(minor, more than a year ago, but i still learned my lesson), and have been pulled over once(a month after getting my license, it was just a u-turn where youre not supposed to do one, so i got a warning).
i look back at when i first got my license up until my first accident, and see how bad of a driver i was. i have definitely settled down and just go with everyone else in traffic...i dont stand out. I also finally realized that no matter how much you speed, youre just gonna wind up at the same stop light as the people you blew by and its gonna be embarrasing. Ive let my GF drive my truck a few times(shes had her license for about 6 months) and shes a horrible driver, and from my experiences at high school, females are the worse drivers. Guys get into worse accidents because they do stupid stuff, but girls get into those stupid fender benders that dont get reported all the damn time. they seem to have a harder time grasping the basic ideas of driving.

old people, on the other hand should be retested, because many of them overestimate their driving skills. i live in a town that has many retirement communities and im always seeing accidents involving old people that can't drive. the AARP has gotta stop with their crap about lobbying against politicians who try to pass bills that requre retesting. nothing is worse than getting stuck in a 45MPH zone behind an old lady who is going 15 and keeps doing brake checks.

i voted old people

hehe, i know i can be bad, but i will never cut someone off and have yet to pass anyone, well once, someone doing 60 in an 80 (kph). Just today someone pulled over a bit for me to pass, but i was fine behind him, bout 3 car lengths away.

It seems I am always behind a car driving itself at 25 mph with the left turn signals on, but then I see the knuckles on the wheel.

I voted for teenagers. I was one, once, and was always crashing the horse & buggy into something. We have been hit a ton of times, but mostly caused by dippy, distracted women in their 30's & 40's. We have only been hit by teenage boys 2x, but they were the most severe. The 1st one put my wife into a coma; he did not know going 60 on a side street was dumb. The 2nd we both would have been killed if not for the Explorer. He never stopped for that particular stop sign, as it made pulling into the intersection difficult and he figured his daddy's Volvo wagon would protect him. He was right, unfortunately.

Oldies are annoying, but I pray to god I make it to retirement age, so God bless 'em.

STUPID F OLD PEOPLE!!!! today I was driving alnog at 65 in a 55 like usual no problem when an old man decides he's gunna pass me I figure what the heck let him go and then he slows down to 50!!! then the traffic picksup and everytime I try to pass he speeds up... I swear anyone does that to me again I'll make a ramming bumper to take them off the road! I am sick of how old people think just because they're old htey can impose they're ideas on other peopl and that the road belongs to them and that they're sooo safe drivers with no eyesight or hearing just because they've been driving for longer than I have... WELL F THAT! I pledge to runn off the road anyone (especially old poeple) who think they can pull this stuff on me or anyoneelse!

Well I wish I could vote twice to reaffirm, after getting hit by a 19 yr old in a neon, yes, teenagers are the worse.

oh and then there was the time an old guy was in fron of me and he looked one way at an intersection and pulled out to turn left and a truck hit him T-bone style....

and another old guy was driving in the fog and would swirve twar the other cars in the opposing lane... he was alos doing 35 in a 55...

Im sure I can remember more stupid stories...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i don't know what to say about this one

i AM a teen but I have enough respect not to tailgate or the like, but I still catch my self driving like a hellion some times. I don't really dislike either group, because I try not to hold a grudge, the only thing I can't stand is people that drive slow in the left lane on purpose. Whether they are old or young I can't stand when people do that.

Back