Votes: 75 29.6%
  • Old People

Votes: 178 70.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Performance exhaust?????

:smoke: :burnout:
yosh18981898 said:
Actually my favorite thing to do when it snows here is jump in my x and drive around campus just for the purpose of pulling people out when they're stuck. I've helped so many people out that other students now come knocking on my door when they need a pull. :p

Not surprisingly, a university campus is a great place to find people in the ditch, because it's mostly teenagers (or a little older) driving on the roads :D

I just found your description of a performance exhaust kind of funny. I like the sound of a nice performance exhaust and I can still hear sirens just fine. And no I don't have any subs at all in my X. My mom hates the sound of performance exhaust, she says it makes her heart hurt :rolleyes:

Ah well, I shouldn't talk too much, some day I'll be an old guy complaning about youth and loud exhausts. :D
LOL I like performance exhaust too. I have a summer car with headers and a set of flowmasters and it is loud too. That is performance exhaust. Not a noise making contraption on the end of a tail pipe that mimmicks a performance exhaust. I don't care what annyone says, those things don't increase horse power! It is not the sound of the loud exhaust that annoys me, but rather the ying ying ying reving at a red light. What is the purpose of that? Like I say, Ihave a loud car as well, but I don't sit there vroom vroom?? That would just wast gas and annoy everyone. I've yet to be beaten in a race in my 350 HP V8 Buick by anyone with one of those tomato cans on the back! They try though.
Happiness is seeing the race in your rear view mirror!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

falls guy said:
:smoke: :burnout:
LOL I like performance exhaust too. I have a summer car with headers and a set of flowmasters and it is loud too. That is performance exhaust. Not a noise making contraption on the end of a tail pipe that mimmicks a performance exhaust. I don't care what annyone says, those things don't increase horse power! It is not the sound of the loud exhaust that annoys me, but rather the ying ying ying reving at a red light. What is the purpose of that? Like I say, Ihave a loud car as well, but I don't sit there vroom vroom?? That would just wast gas and annoy everyone. I've yet to be beaten in a race in my 350 HP V8 Buick by anyone with one of those tomato cans on the back! They try though.
Happiness is seeing the race in your rear view mirror!

Exactly. I don't like fart can mufflers either, they sound like weed wackers and don't do anything for power. I like taking my dad's SSEI bonneville out and then keeping side to side with a ricer while he winds his hamster wheel of an engine throughout the gears and then I'll punch it and watch the look of surprised despair on his face as I leave him in the dust.

I voted for teenagers, but only because the specific group that annoys me most kind of fits into that catagory. This may have been mentioned before and it isn't P.C. but the group that annoys me most... The group that I truly feel is the most dangerous on the roads is young women. (ages 16-35) I'm not going to argue the "women drivers" stereotype because I don't believe that just because your female you can't drive. However, It seems that every time I'm tail-gated, cut off, flipped off or see a car weaving all over the road that car almost always is being driven by a distracted, pissed-off or visibly frazzeled young woman. The women talking on the cell phone while applying makeup by the rearview mirror isnt a joke to me because I have literally seen it many times. I drive the speed limit most everywhere I go. And many times I have some young woman ride my bumper for a block or so, pull next to me, flip me off then cut in front of me within inches of taking out my front bumper. And you can't tell me that these women see the drivers they flip off. What happens when the 5'2" 100lb woman flips off a 6'5" 300lb driver and he decides to take her up on her challenge and tracks her down and beats the crap out of her? I'm not saying some men are much better. It's called manners... something a lot of women (and men) seem to forget about when behind the wheel.

I got a bit of a story to contribute to this now..

Today i was going around town, not speeding, but accelerating fast. I turn into one subdivision, and i step on it a bit. Note i never speed, on account i dont care to. On my way out of the subdivision, a guy who was washing his nice lifted 150 yells "YOULD BE BEST TO SLOW THE F**K DOWN!".

So i drove away, 5 minutes later i came back. I walked up to him and basically apologized. I think he was rather shocked that i did this, on account i think he had the assumption that 100% of teenagers are idiots, probably because most people would have just flipped him off. I also told him he had a nice truck and that id let him know if i was going offroad any time soon.

I felt quite relieved after talking to him, and made a new friend.

If he was washing a Chevy I woulda flicked him off too

Dude,

The reason you are getting them dirty looks has nothing to do with your age.
It is probibly from the CRAP that you teen agers have blaring from your radio!

My advice to you is to just play classic rock at a noise level that can NOT be heard from the next vehicle.

just trust me on this one :)

What if I don't like classic rock?

LOL whenever im around people i keep the music off, so that isnt an issue hehe :D

i live in orange county, so if theres ever anything more annoying, its middleaged people who think they are teenagers. teenagers arent that bad usually, me just having just turned twenty. teenagers usually are caring about their cares and wont dent your car if they park next to you. if theres a teenager ahead of behind you or has the opportunity to get ahead of you, theyll prolly take it, whereas you have to constantly avoid accidents with old people even if you drive only 65 on the freeway. Old people expect always aaume they have the right away for some reason. the reason why they dont get in a lot of accidents is because theyre causing so many around them and would even notice if they cut of a fuel truck and killed a school bus full of children. a lot of them simply dont have the capacity to drive at that age. they and middle aged road ragers should be slapped. by me.

by the way, i just did a report on aggressive driving and to agree with the fellow above, women were winning in that category, though it was pretty close. i guess talking on a cell phone while putting on their makup and fixing their hair is tough work haha.

Mike N. said:
Dude,

The reason you are getting them dirty looks has nothing to do with your age.
It is probibly from the CRAP that you teen agers have blaring from your radio!

My advice to you is to just play classic rock at a noise level that can NOT be heard from the next vehicle.

just trust me on this one :)

dude im a teenager and classic rock is all i listen to. however, i cant say that i dont listen to it loud :rolleyes: ...but you just cant listen to some van halen and not turn it up. :D

I am deffinately Not a teenager but i do love loud music "classic rock" as well as some new stuff. However i do respect those around me and try to kepp it down when in a residential area and next to other drivers. Now i voted for Old people as the worst drivers but there is no need to be saying they need a slappin!!! People these are my Grandparents and yours. To xxnodicexx What would you do if someone slapped your Grandma?. :thumbdwn: Or even said such a thing? Although annoying sometimes they are still the Matriarcs and Patriarcs of this world. If it wasn't for them we would not be here having these discussions. As for all the teens and middle agers, we will all at one time or another be "OLD".. Peace all !!.LMAO!!!!! :)

Why do old people sit and wait, and wait when no one is coming and then finally pull out when a car is finally on top of them?? It's because they don't beleive their eyes. If they see nothing, they don't beleive it, so they wait until they see something before pulling out.:eek:

:thumbsup: So true, so true. LOL. Here is a good thing for old people to go by as a rule; If you can remember when there weren't any cars on the road, DON'T DRIVE!!! Cars started being produced and sold to the public in North American between 1900-1910. If I'm not mistaken the first gasoline powered car ever produced to be sold to the public in the world was by Benz in 1884. So if you can remember that one in the showroom, definitely don't drivre!! LMAO
Peace

OC_Explorer said:
But i feel old people are the most annoying.. theres nothing worse than being stuck behind an old woman in her buick when your late.

I have to agree with you OC. Nothing is worse than being stuck behind some old lady. And when you finally get to pass her, you take a quick peek back, and see that she can hardly see over the steering wheel. Bugs me to no end.

Rick said:
Why do old people sit and wait, and wait when no one is coming and then finally pull out when a car is finally on top of them?? It's because they don't beleive their eyes. If they see nothing, they don't beleive it, so they wait until they see something before pulling out.:eek:

LMFAO :thumbsup:

In no way, could I have said it better myself

ok look this is what i have to say is i am a teen driver and have had my license since december of 04 and i have no problem with old drivers and teen drivers my only problem are the dumb drivers not all of the teens are bad drivers so dont let their dumb mistakes affect us all and not all of the old ones are bad just like teens its their dumb mistakes but also understand teens will hot rod and all of that and yes old people do cause many traffic jams going 40 in a 60 zone on a no pass street but you know if i have learned one thing in driving is have patients you will not get their any quicker if you are speeding by the slow guy so you can get in front but are gonna have to stop at the next stop light or sign so everyone chill and drive safely and sober too

I'm going to give you a few periods. Use them where you want. :D

. . .
. . . .
. .. .

:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Evil X is your shift key broken? :D J/k. Just about every day I get behind a senior driver going 35mph in a 55 zone. You can't get around because it is a no passing road. :fire:

When I'm on my motorcycle they don't see me. There is a T intersection and almost 50% of the time they don't see me and pull out.

The most dangerous drivers IMHO:

1. Uninsured illegal aliens- erratic, pos cars, slow, hit and run
2. Seniors- slow, don't pay attention
3. Soccer Moms- get out of my way, I drive a big SUV
4. Teens- yeah my driving skills are the schiznit, my civic handles like a F1 car and I'll prove it to you

Back