1. Tip...
    If you hold most smartphones sideways
    you can bring up a more full featured version of the forum.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

temp gauge roaming

Discussion in 'General Explorations!!' started by ashleyroachclip, December 15, 2004.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Active Member

City, State:
      Roseburg Oregon
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      1991 Explorer EB
      hey every one , I've got a problem , that maybe some one here can help me with ...94 Ranger with 4.0 engine and 5 speed ...had the radiator split out , replaced it with a brand new one . Ever since then I've had this wild temp gauge swing ....I mean it will show it to the end of NORMAL...meaning the "L" ...then swing back to the "N" just as fast ....the temp was also fluctuating int the heater ...so I replaced the thermostate ....and the gauge is still doing the same and so is the in cab heat ....the engine is running as smooth as glass...no oil concumption , nor coolant ....I've seen a tsb for a gauge swing problem , but it does'nt mention heat fluctuations ....also can't find what the factory said to fix the problem .....I've also purged the air @ the heater core ...the entire cooling system is full ...no trapped air , just have'nt happened across the fix yet .....can any one help?
      thanks Ashley

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself, and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. TPLYNCH

TPLYNCH Well-Known Member

City, State:
      Brewster, NY
      1999 XLS
      Replace the radiator cap.

4. ashleyroachclip

ashleyroachclip Active Member

City, State:
      Roseburg Oregon
      1991 Explorer EB
      ...replaced the cap , and still have the same problem , I'm, going to get one of those heater hose "t's" soo I can burp this thing reall well aand replace the teempp gauge sender unit ,I just can't stand this roaming...Ii could iinstall aftermarket gauges , but where is the room in a ranger ?...I'll just keep goin' till I get it fixed....thankks foor your tips Tom