Test drove the Jeep Rubicon:Pictures | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Test drove the Jeep Rubicon:Pictures

or save up a few $$thousand more and get a land rover
I think this would be my choice as well:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You do look cramped inside it in those pictures. The backseats are so useless too...my friend has to leave his seats up all the time just to carry around his army backpack in his YJ comfortably :rolleyes:

A landrover, are you thinking this becaues of luxury or wheeling. Hopefully luxury cause they aren't much on wheeling! I took a guy and had to pull him 5 times and i was still in 2wd. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but they, in my mind, are made for the street. They sit even lower then the Jeep. I think one thing that makes the jeep look like it is sitting lower are the 16"wheels. You can't hardly tell that is has 31's on it because of the nice wheels.

Happy trails!!

The Landies are really nice when compared to a run of the mill SUV. If ya want to take a Land Rover off road it has to be a Range Rover. Preferably an older solid axle model with all the "safari" accesories.

While we're on the subject, I would never wheel a land rover. I have been wheeling twice with guys with landrovers (both discoveries), and they are next to worthless offroad. They may as well not even have solid axles, because they have less travel than my IFS.

Aren't the Discovery's their lowest model? Wouldn't a Defender or Range do a whole lot better?

Originally posted by Mbrooks420
Aren't the Discovery's their lowest model? Wouldn't a Defender or Range do a whole lot better?
Defenders rock off road. Not sure about Range Rovers.

Originally posted by Jason_25

Defenders rock off road. Not sure about Range Rovers.

Defenders are the best Land rover has ever made. The thing is, they are next to impossible to find in North America though....

Back