TEXANS Serious about Slabs run.

Trckmagik

Ole Bag
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
City, State
Celina, Texas
Year, Model & Trim Level
Well it is getting close enough to start planning our Oct. Slabs run. Lets throw some dates around and get this planned. Who is 100% in? This is an actual run and need serious inquiries. This will be on a weekend so normally no need to take off from work.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Probably NOT me. I'm gonna be busy with school and stuff. And even with the 33's, I probably wouldn't do that well :rolleyes:

Brian,

question.

How far is this for us in Denver? Forgive my ignorance but where does thise run take place (for lack of doing my own research)

Thanks!!

jamie <--------------------Lazy

Jamie,

Total Distance: 925.7 Miles
Estimated Total Time: 16 hours, 36 minutes

Come awn you'll have fun.

Okay Mapquest guru. If I was going to do this:

To: The SLABS, TX

Would I get results from Mapquest? Thats not THAT far but where is it located on a map?

Thanks!!! :)..Never been that far South, except Mexico below SD and that doesnt count cuz I wasnt in my truck! :)

Brian,
Sorry, but I don't remember that well: The ST was 2wd with 35's, right? How much less did it need the strap than Splat?

Yes it was. 35's w/ powertrax in rear. We both needed strapped on most of river crossing, but we had to leave yours parked as you didnt have the clearance to continue on down the river.

You know I'll be there.

DATES? What works for everyone. Any weekend is fine w/ me.

Ok I am nowhere near capable of doing slabs,(or anything else for that matter) but I would love to see you guys in action. Would it be ok if I met you there and road along? Id love to capture the action with my camera.
--bryan

You can ride w/ me anytime. There are many here that never mind an extra person in car. Just wear your belt w/ me as I am know to roll :)

October???

I hope you don't choose Oct. 12th and 13th.
I'm trying to plan a run in Las Cruces, NM on that weekend. http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=55163

I was hoping the Demon4x4 guys would join the run in Las Cruces. I think you will find some challenging trails there.

I would be willing to try and make a Oct. 19/20th Slabs run. I definitely can't make Oct. 26/27th.

Yes, Maybe...Not sure?

Yes, I'll be there or Maybe, I'll be there....If my truck is finished. Please don't ask for the details. I'm just waiting for a call to say " It's done" Until then I just try to forget I have a truck......

I'm sure Scott would like to join us in his Vette/Heep too.

I can also volunteer to spot for people too. I'll use Michael as my referance ;)

This is why I am trying to get a date set in stone. I will not be able to get to the Las Cruces run as it is just to far. I am out of vacation days. There is one weekend where someone cant go. So maybe Oct 19-20??? Anyone. Gofast----Just get on teh phone and tell them you need it by that date :)

With the 33's I think I'd be ok after the campsite, where I needed to leave it last year. I'd need to be strapped from the highway though. The water isn't a problem anymore, it's just that darn baby-fine sand.

But I won't know if I can make it at all until I start school in a few weeks.

No matter what everone in the area needs to make it, there really aren't any excuses due to the 2 month notice and geographical location!!! I'll be Trckmagiks spotter, and hopefully I'll get to try some challenges myself. Oh, and hopefully this time I'm with him we can manage to stay on at least 3 wheels!

I'm in for the slabs :D The Las Cruces run sounds good too, but I am out of vacation time as well. What date/time are you planning on leaving for NM? Returning? I could use a sick day maybe, but they get pretty suspicious of weekend sickdays, if ya know what I mean ;) I'll have to see what I can work out.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Well I say Oct cause that is the only doable weather. That and we have been doing it in Oct the last couple years. We normally stay in Austin friday night (6th st.) then head out early Sat. morning to the slabs. Doesnt matter to me though. Throw some dates out. So far it looks like 19-20 of Oct would work! Am I right?

Back