TEXANS Serious about Slabs run. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

TEXANS Serious about Slabs run.

I am Going to be there.... Dates are not a problem I will ask off in advance. The Green Monster is making it back this year I promise.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Re: Yes, Maybe...Not sure?

Originally posted by Gofast
I can also volunteer to spot for people too. I'll use Michael as my referance ;)

In case no one remembers what Rob is talking about...
Dead Link Removed
Dead Link Removed

I thought that Tow strap was photo chopped, what's it doing in there?

Michael looks right at home there....I keep remembering him from Moab, all he would say is "What obstacle?" after everyone else took 7-8 runs as it, he would just drive over it in like 30 seconds.........

I would love to tag along if someone has an open seat and doesn't mind me filling it! :) I'm an almost stock 2 wheeler :(, so no wheeling for me. I don't mind driving myself up there if necessary, but I'd like to ride along on the run, if possible. Just name the date and place.

Should we have this open for other types of vechiles or just Explorers.

I know some one that would like to take out his Jeep he just bought. :D

So the slabs are definitly not doable in a stocker. Maybe I can go up just to watch some of you guys in action.

I would not take a stock 2wd out there. I took my Navajo out there once with high gears no lockers and just 4x4 with no lift.

So not even a stock 4x4?

A Stock 4x4 can make it depending on the conditions. You sould be able to make it to Eagle Rock no problem.

Read this before you go.

Dead Link Removed

Man, you guys are making me jealous. I think I'll block this thread somehow on my computer so I won't have to read it. :(

Have a great time, I really wish I could join you for this one.

If Aquaman wants to try to make both runs then I think we should accomodate that. I personnally would love to do the Las Cruces thing too, but that is very much up in the air right now.

I'm open to any date in Oct. Thanks Randall for putting those pics back up. This time it will be a simple up and over manuever instead of a strap.

You know if you make it I have to try it...

i would to love to go but my x couldnt take it ... if anyone has an extra seat id love to ride along

Well again, I don't know due to the harshness of med school, but I'll try my best to make it. I can ride along, or try my darndest to use Splat. I just don't want to slow y'all down. Anyone have a set of Mattrax I could borrow? ;)

I'sa gonna be there. I might have an extra seat too, depending on whether or not my friends decide to come along.

I'll go to Las Cruces too if someone wants to caravan with me. I ain't going out there by myself...

I say we all plan on Oct 19-20th. This way Aquaman can possibly make it. So here is the 2 month notice: Oct 19-20th unless we get a bunch of rain the weeks before this. So lets look at lodging. Would you guys wanna stay out at eagle rock Friday and Saturday or just Saturday. If we go out there Friday everyone would need to be ready at like 5-6pm to make it out to eagle rock by night. Come on Demon4x4 crew we have all been there.

Sounds like a good plan! This time though if we decide to go to a campsite, lets try to keep the wrecks to wheeling only. Not that wrecks are good, but at least do it while challenging yourself and not other idiot drivers.

How far is it from Dallas, and are the dates all weekend, is it possible to be back on Sunday (I am a Youth Pastor).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the best is to run on Saturday and Camp that night leave on Sunday. That would be easiest with work Scheduals for me

Back