Text messages on the screen no more? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Text messages on the screen no more?

UKHOOPZ

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2015 Explorer Limited
My 2015 Explorer Limited used to display the text messages from my phone onto my SYNC screen. For some reason it stopped doing that and I cannot figure out how to get it back. Does anyone know what I might can try to get it back on the screen?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

On your phone, there is a setting that lets SYNC display notifications....

My 2015 Explorer Limited used to display the text messages from my phone onto my SYNC screen. For some reason it stopped doing that and I cannot figure out how to get it back. Does anyone know what I might can try to get it back on the screen?

Not sure what type of cell phone you have, but I have an iPhone and I don't think SYNC 2 is keeping up with the latest iOS 12.3.2. I can no longer see text messages on my '15 Ex with SYNC 2.

Not sure what type of cell phone you have, but I have an iPhone and I don't think SYNC 2 is keeping up with the latest iOS 12.3.2. I can no longer see text messages on my '15 Ex with SYNC 2.

I think that is the problem. I also have an iPhone and I think it is an update problem. Very frustrating, especially since my state, Tennessee, just started a new "hands free" law effective July 1st. oh well....
Thanks for your reply!!

Back