tgreene92's '98 xlt build thread | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

tgreene92's '98 xlt build thread

trucks looking good man..the fricking parts just came in for my truck.

damn that sucks...let me know when your working on it ill try to come down if i have some time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i think i might wanna check this yard over the tacony sometime too and if you guys need a hand dont hesitate to ask =p

Tom,

Just saw this thread now. Awesome work dude. Really love the progress. What's gonna happen to the green rig?

We should get another trail cleanup run together.

i think i might wanna check this yard over the tacony sometime too and if you guys need a hand dont hesitate to ask =p

Yea, ill let you know know next time im going, i still need to pick up a few things, my radiator sprung a leak so if i cant plug it i know ill be going to pull one. Thanks jay, i just got the 33's on it looks pretty sweet ill have to get some pics. Ill most likely clean/fix up the green one and sell it so i can buy a more fuel efficient car. We'll def get another clean up run sometime, im out at wharton 3 times a week in the summer so im sure we can set up a day when we can get a group of people to go out. Theres a rausch run july 23rd that im going to so itd have to be at least 2 weeks before or after.

Hey Tom,

What's up for the Rausch trip. Is it a day thing or a weekend thing.

pretty sure its a friday to saturday, and play by ear on sunday thing. I was planning on going but I got tickets to Daniel Tosh at the Borgata on the 23rd for graduation so im going to that. Im Definetely going to go to Rausch sometime this summer though. Ill let you know when im going to that yard, now that im done school ill have some time to finish my rig and i know i need some stuff.

So you'll be down my neck of the woods that weekend. you'll have a great time, the wife and I were just over at the Borgata last weekend to see a comedian Brian Reegan. Very funny guy. Played a little roulette won a couple bucks, not a bad night. I was talkin to LiKuiD on another thread and he just got back from Rausch. He's going back on the 23rd I think.

update: motors shot, piston rings are definetely gone, not sure what im going to do now. 05fronty needs a trans so we may go halves on a truck with a good motor and trans. considering i pretty much paid nothing for it im confident i can part it out and easily get my money back in which case id buy a first gen or a b2.

Well that sucks. Hopefully you and 05fronty can come up with something. You've got a decent amount of work into it, so maybe you can salvage it. Keep us posted.

me and 05fronty are pulling the trans Wednesday which im selling to him. im going to part out the whole truck so if anybody needs parts let me know. im gunna try to buy i first gen or bronco 2. Id really love love to stay in the rbv family since thats what i know all about and how to work on. ive already seen a few on CL that im going to check out, hopefully ill have another truck in a few weeks, fortunately i will have lost no money in this truck and should be able to make back everything i put into it. I guess it kinda sucks i put the man hours into it but hey what are you going to do. My ultimate goal is to have a very capable wheeling truck by all ford nationals next year.

That sucks dude. So you're gonna part out this one and sell the green one and look for a Bronc?

That sucks dude. So you're gonna part out this one and sell the green one and look for a Bronc?

Im parting this one then im gunna sell the green one and buy a little honda or something good on gas then buy a first gen or bronco 2, id really like to find a decent B2 with a d35 front then i can throw the 8.8 from this truck into it. Ive been doing some side jobs welding and making decent money on top of my regular job. Im hoping i can save enough money to buy a truck in 2 months or so.

Update: trucks almost pulled apart, just have to pull the motor and cut it up. Ive decided that im just going to mildy build my green ex, ill prolly do a 1.5 inch body lift and stick with the 31's. i picked up an aussie locker today of CL for 150$ so thats gunna go in soon. i just need a truck to get me through some mild trails, nothing crazy.

Used Aussie for 150? Why not just get a new one for the extra 50? I wouldn't trust that it's either in decent shape OR correct for your actual differential.

Used Aussie for 150? Why not just get a new one for the extra 50? I wouldn't trust that it's either in decent shape OR correct for your actual differential.

iI never said it was used...ITS NEW!! i would never buy a used locker, believe me its right, part # xd-48831, and i counted the splines before i bought it. and a new aussie locker goes for 279 plus shipping, so i got it half priced.

Hey Tom, where did you find the Aussie? I've been prowling CL for weeks looking for rims and tires as well as the locker. If you come out one morning and there is traces of gear oil on the driveway, and no ratcheting in the turns, you'll know I've been there. lol

I didn't think Craig's list had new stuff. I stand corrected. 279 now, eh? Wow! I guess I got mine when the gettin was good. If I remember correctly it was thru a Pirate4x4 group deal at $200. I got the front locker which I don't think they even make any more. Enjoy it, it's a great locker for a lunch-box locker!

Hey Tom, where did you find the Aussie? I've been prowling CL for weeks looking for rims and tires as well as the locker. If you come out one morning and there is traces of gear oil on the driveway, and no ratcheting in the turns, you'll know I've been there. lol

I was actually just looking for rims and stumbled upon it, couldnt pass it up so i called the guy and went and got it. im installing it today ill hopefully have pics up later with the install.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Very nice. Post those pics if you can. I'll be referencing them when I get mine.

Back