• Register Today It's free!

Thank You From The New Guy

2014 PIU

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2014 Ford PIU
Thank you to the forum and to the knowledgeable people here.

My 2014 Police Interceptor Utility came w/ ; a 3.7 V6, 68k miles, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Park Aid, Cross Traffic Alert, Sync, Line-In, USB-In?, Rear-View Camera, Surveillance Mode, and Whelen IONs on the exterior mirrors.

I took delivery of my PIU on September 2nd, and with what I learned here I was able to enable; key-less entry, remote start, dark mode, compass, Intelligent AWD and the theft alarm. I also disabled the seat belt reminder chime....on the driver's side.

Does anyone else here have Surveillance Mode? I have a question about it.

I hope it's OK to post this link.

Here's my PIU:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1fFFEr4qToSElmVUFia3ZWTjg

Suggestions are welcome. :feedback:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Cool truck. What does the surveillance mode button do?

Thank you to the forum and to the knowledgeable people here.

My 2014 Police Interceptor Utility came w/ ; a 3.7 V6, 68k miles, Blind Spot Monitoring, Rear Park Aid, Cross Traffic Alert, Sync, Line-In, USB-In?, Rear-View Camera, Surveillance Mode, and Whelen IONs on the exterior mirrors.

I took delivery of my PIU on September 2nd, and with what I learned here I was able to enable; key-less entry, remote start, dark mode, compass, Intelligent AWD and the theft alarm. I also disabled the seat belt reminder chime....on the driver's side.

Does anyone else here have Surveillance Mode? I have a question about it.

I hope it's OK to post this link.

Here's my PIU:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw1fFFEr4qToSElmVUFia3ZWTjg

Suggestions are welcome. :feedback:
Welcome to the Forum.:wave:

Peter

Great feature. Thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Peter

I had seen the brochures about new/different factory features for the 2016+ that included references to surveillance mode. Since yours looks more like an aftermarket install vs a factory install, I wasn't sure if it did anything different/more or if it was just a "dark car" like button to turn off all exterior/interior lighting.

I had seen the brochures about new/different factory features for the 2016+ that included references to surveillance mode. Since yours looks more like an aftermarket install vs a factory install, I wasn't sure if it did anything different/more or if it was just a "dark car" like button to turn off all exterior/interior lighting.
mine does appear aftermarket but it's definitely not a "dark car" like button. it is surveillance mode.

I got the impression that all Surveillance Mode installs were through a third party chip/controller:

RqYzDDz.png

It's described in the 2017 .pdf marketing brochure with a bunch of other standard or factory optional features, but I don't think I've ever seen an ordering code mentioned for it.

"System can be configured to meet specific agency needs. For new-production ship-through, contact Crown North America at 1.800.321.4934, ext. 3425, or visit crown-na.com. For aftermarket system ordering, contact Intermotive Vehicle Controls at 1.800.969.6080, or visit intermotive.net."

@2014 PIU - Can you take a video of how yours works please?

sure. I can't get it to operate properly, and perhaps someone here can help. When the Surveillance Mode button is momentarily pressed it activates SM as if motion was detected behind the vehicle; it sounds an alert in the vehicle, turns on the rear-view camera, rolls up the driver's window, locks all doors, and the headlights & reverse lights flash. <--this all occurs at once.

I'll shoot some video in the daytime when the truck is not in the garage.
FYI: my Rear Park Aid, Cross Traffic Alert all work properly.

either way, when I momentarily press the SM button all 5 preconditions in the instructions are met, but it activates as if motion were detected.
I wonder if you need to do the instructions under "Toggle Surveillance Mode Input Sense"

I wonder if you need to do the instructions under "Toggle Surveillance Mode Input Sense"

thank you. I'm in the garage doing that now. will update

step 1 is to short the test pads on the module which is located on the left side of the dash behind the side dash panel.
step 2 is open the driver door...which kinda makes it physically impossible to do step 1 because you can only access the module w/ the door open.

when I shorted the test pads w/ the door open, I noticed that light one and four on the module do not illuminate at all. Light four is if you have the Hawkeye installed. I guess it isn't. And Light one is Input Sense. Status, light two and light three all light up.

I have not forgotten about the video. the thing is I'd have to shoot it w/ multiple cameras just to show you exactly what it does.

Surveillance Mode works! Yahtzee!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back