The Centaurus! | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Centaurus!

index.php

index.php

index.php

index.php

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You somehow find the best replacement parts, definitely jealous of it all (water pump style is new news to me)

One day you guys will figure out the 28oz trigger wheel balancer. I could use one in my efi 351w in my 77 f150 swap.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Let it go, life's to short. I think we all know relationships can be miserable at times.

Anyway, looking for something to do on the plane, I watched a show on nutrition.
Drying mushrooms in the sun converts a chemical in them to vitamin D. They can then be stored almost indefinitely and do not loose the Vitamin. How's that for interesting? I thought of you and your pictures immediately.

I'd surely poison myself if I went mushroom picking and ate them.

I can't select mushrooms, but I love eating them. Makes me hungry, I think I'll use the Pizza Hut coupon from yesterday. $10 for a large with any or all toppings, "coupon code ZN."

If you just stick to Reishi, Chaga, Morels, Chicken-of-the-Wood, and Puffballs you can't go wrong. Easiest to identify and only the morels and CofW have a look-alike. But it's easy to determine. Morels, once picked, you see if the stem is hollow. CofW, you can tell by the bright yellow color. The look alike is more brownish but not poisonous, just doesn't taste good.

If you see a large black horn-like cancer looking growth on a birch tree, thats a chaga. It along with reishi are the two best medicinal fungus you can get. Reishi grows on dead hemlocks and you can't mistake it for any other shroomage.

I think you just made me want to brew up another batch!

Happy Hunting!
:chug:

LOL great timing. We just watched an episode of the old Emergency! TV series where someone had become sick from picking mushrooms. I'm sure they gave him an IV with a D5W drip and ringers lactate. That always takes care of everything on that show ;)

I still got my OEM units I took out to put in new OEM ones. Clearcoat failing. Look really good after some work with Meguiar's PlastX and some wax. Interested...?

Hey Kent.

Can I send this to you?

index.php

It's a factory replacement for a 1996 Explorer.

Figured I'd ask before I make another K&N meme..

Oh. Thanks, but I have a K&N FIPK, and also a K&N drop-in from before I had the FIPK... :D

The Amsoil EA filters are excellent. The K&N filters blow, dirt through them that is.

My 99 V6 has an Amsoil EA air filter, at 9000 miles on the Signature series oil(first time I ever tried it), it was still clear. The SOHC wasn't using any oil and the oil was still clean with that many miles on it.

Unfortunately that air filter was also first installed inside a Volant air cleaner, with that oil. I was checking the oil often for a while. A month after the oil was so clean at 9k, I found it pitch black on the dipstick. What happened, ... the air filter had fallen off the MAF adapter, the clamp wasn't tight enough. The trans went out about three months later, so I haven't been appreciating that oil and filters since then.

If you can use that EA filter, get it now. They obsoleted all of their EA/application line, they only make them in universal sizes now.

That would be bigger and better. The medium sized filter that goes in the Volant air cleaner is good but I'm hoping to be able to build a little bigger box there for my best SUV. I bought a large universal EA filter, but it may be too big for the space.
This is the best picture I have of the Volant. It's well made and fits the space, but I think it could be out into the bay a little more(larger).

Projectthread082.JPG

Cool, make it personalized for how you use it.

I've got a worn out LSD and I know it since the leaves fell, and my front drive shaft has been out for two months. I wish people would also clean leaves away from their mailbox. I have dozens of places where there are inches of leaves piled up where I stop, but the road and driveway are all cleaned off.

I'm seeing high coolant temps now in the low 160's, with daytime highs outside of about 40-45. I like my "defective" thermostat, I'm getting enough heat still to be comfortable.

Back