The Green Buffalo | Page 6 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Green Buffalo

Note -- Most of you know this as easys94 .The rig did not have a name, I got to make a major run - Moab 2015. The rig got its name there. Anthony (aka Suicide77) is one that put the tag on it. So it will be the Green Buffalo or just the Buffalo for short

I picked up a 94 EB 2d last night from Jay in Plano Tx. I need to thank Jay for all the work he has put into this rig. Hopefully I can keep it going. I also need to thank Kris Guilbeaux and Mike(TexasArmadillio) for puting me on to this last week at the meet in Elgin. I wasnt looking for a new rig, but after hearing them talk about it , I had to check it out - now its mine:D

Mike (reaper) and I took it out to city lake earlier and gave it a little test run,they had most of the trails closed(dont know why) but still had fun. Its AWESOME.
Mike has some pics he will post in a little.

This one I took at the house
010.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not much done on the Buffalo today, I just worked on the rotor while easymc and willi s did some woodwork. The passenger side of the D35 I had just so happened to have to correct rotor for the Buffalo. Of course we couldn't find our seals, so that is for tomorrow. Was amazed the studs on the spare rotor had no damage to the treads as much as the part has been moved around.

004_zpsqy2m65ce.jpg

Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.

just want to say thanks to [MENTION=118357]reapereviltwin[/MENTION], he has been doing all the post for me, mostly because he is taking the pictures with his phone and I don't have the right cord to load them to my computer. That ok we having fun anyway:D:D:D

just want to say thanks to [MENTION=118357]reapereviltwin[/MENTION], he has been doing all the post for me, mostly because he is taking the pictures with his phone and I don't have the right cord to load them to my computer. That ok we having fun anyway:D:D:D

Glad to be doing it Bro!! And yes we are having fun with our antics back and forth and "WTF's", need video set up and can go on "World's Dumbest" :D

Few more from yesterday, [MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] getting the exhaust reconnected.

002_zpsszpq2yal.jpg

001_zpsicnp1lkd.jpg

[MENTION=296339]willie s[/MENTION] might not be working on a rig, but his computer stand where he will be getting on the forum counts!

004_zps4jxbgsz6.jpg

The replacement rotor with the new seal and repacked bearings.

003_zpsfgi38tsh.jpg

Tank and myself were in the workshop where he was working on the computer stand and I was working on the rotor, yet we were getting some good laughs hearing Robert cussing while outside working on the exhaust. :monkey:

[MENTION=173980]easymc[/MENTION] and I got to do some work on the Buffalo today, even braving Winter Storm Jonas :D

Transfer seal replaced and drive shaft reconnected finally.

003_zpsqm2ap6f0.jpg

004_zpsezvopqxe.jpg

The 33s actually look pretty good on the rig.

Robert scratching his head since something actually went right today.

005_zpsfjq1gbki.jpg

006_zpsaxxtk8mw.jpg

007_zpskxqrqzt3.jpg

A little bit done today, wind too much to work outside, so just a small project of the hub. ( and of course the football games are coming on)

The hub off of his rig where the wobble happened

002_zpsuh9zs9wj.jpg

The replacement hub

003_zpsgqf2awkw.jpg

side by side, with the "evil twin" on the right :D

004_zpsyakmw9ms.jpg

And what Robert's yard is looking like with everything going on there.

005_zpsmv6ccugu.jpg

What is not in the pic is the trailer which is also being worked on.

we were at it again today, a little more. We work slow but getting there.
Mike taking off the dust shield, he needed Wille to make sure he got it right:D
IMG_0404.jpg

the motor mounts with the new motor are not the same size as the old ones, so the header pipe would not fit right. It would not go down enough in the front because of the motor mount bolt, so we heated the pipe a little then flatten it in so it will clear.
IMG_0409.jpg

As always we have to have some chill time
IMG_0415.jpg

IMG_0413.jpg

Robert tapping out the header mount threads.

IMG_04191_zpsb7jgxop4.jpg

He was still working on getting the Y-pipe aligned when I bolted today. Hopefully they went back together without too much of a hassle.

Looking good! The Buffalo making a Moab appearance this year?

We sure hoping to make it, as long as it will run after Mike and me get done with it :eek:

That might be like winning the lottery!! :eek:

Had one serious WTF today, but it worked itself out, how :dunno: , but who cares as long as it came out to the good.

We did crank the motor today, did not try to start it yet, just wanted to make sure it cranked easily, and it did.

IMG_04211_zpsatxhjt9y.jpg

IMG_04251_zpsjordow9u.jpg

IMG_04231_zpsyaviw7vp.jpg

The headers back on and the slight mod to get the y-pipe to fit, as well as the front drive shaft reinstalled.

IMG_04221_zpsz0tko6at.jpg

IMG_04241_zpslffxu756.jpg

the only thing keeping us from cranking it is that we are having a hard time getting one of the fuel lines to go back together. When we get that done, will be able to start it up and move it on it own power :bounce::bounce:

Glad to see you got that exhaust header fixed that I screwed up for you haha

Great job guys!!

A little more today, after going bonkers trying to figure out where a lead went, we knew it was to a sending unit just my looking at the connector, but couldn't find a sensor without a wire attached, after a pic, message, and reply from Russell, it was, gosh darn it, looking everywhere but the right spot.
Fired the engine up again today, let it run for a few seconds, actually sounding real good, hopefully tomorrow will tell for sure. Tomorrow is flush day on the cooling system.

The wire that had us being all confused, like that is hard to do anyhow. To the low oil sensor.

003_zps9jv6wfwl.jpg

And it looks like the Buffalo was really beginning to nest in the work area. :D

002_zpsyqqrsodx.jpg

Now that we have the most of the major things on the rig ready to run, I have started on the inside. Striped it down in back so I will have more room.

1-29-16%20001.jpg

putting in a flat rear floor, there will be a hinged lid just behind the seats. Will be able to store spare parts that I may not need, but want to have just in case.

SANY0005.jpg

heres to tomorrow, hopefully will have it running for a bit:D

Back