Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

The Legacy Continues

Discussion in 'Stock 2011 - 2019 Ford Explorer Discussion' started by 1995E, June 17, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. 1995E

1995E Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Maryland
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    95 + 11 Ex both XLT
    Much like the New Yorker 16 years ago that checked out my dad's 1995 Explorer and said it was the sweetest car ever and where he could get one, the same thing happened today with this guy and two pretty ladies walking up as I get into the vehicle.

He was like, "wow buddy, you have a nice looking vehicle, what vehicle is that?" When I mentioned it was an Explorer, he was shocked. He wanted to see the interior of the vehicle so I opened the door and showed it to him and he was amazed at the look and everything. The ladies that walked by checked out the car and totally fell in love with the interior. "Damn, this interior is sexy"

So yeah, this car definitely gets the looks. I would never trade this baby in ever!

Anyone got the same experience? =P

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. jrosner50

jrosner50 New Member

City, State:
    Northern NJ
    2011 XLT
    Yes, I have also!! When I pulled up to a local park with the temp plate still on it, two people walked over to the Ex and asked what it was. They were surprised to see it was the new EX and they also loved the interior. When I turned the key and all the screens came on they couldn't believe this was a Ford and said its a luxury feel. I love this EX, I've had issues like everyone else, but coming from an 08 Highlander, this is much much better. I prefer the "American" crossover feel over the foreign brands.

4. StunnedMonkey

StunnedMonkey Active Member

City, State:
    Fort Wayne, IN
    2011 XLT
    You're just lucky all the screens came on!

Ah, just kidding. Sorta. Actually I had a guy come up to me outside the drug store and ask about mine. Said he really liked the color (Gold Leaf). I stared at him and shouted, "Don't touch it. Don't even look at it. Go on, get out. You heard me. Don't look at me, either. Yeah, you better walk on..."

Well, part is true anyway.

5. NEWPORTNJ

NEWPORTNJ Active Member

City, State:
    NORTH BERGEN NJ
    2017 FORD EX PLATINUM
    Well i get that all the time awesome feeling i have the lyd ex 302a pkg golden bronze pecan interior. I have a few isuues with the mft but want to hold on until i hear of a solid fix, i spoke to an mft tech and was told that in july the 2.11 sofware upgrade he said that that is going to be a fix all upgrade let's wait and see !!!

6. kappaknight

kappaknight Member

City, State:
    Atlanta, GA
    Anytime they claim the patch is a "fix all" it is most likely not.

We Support Our Troops!