• Register Today It's free!

The SoCal Crew

OffRoadin44

Reaction score
City, State
Pasadena, CA.
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XL 4X4
Hey guys its been a while so just checkin in and seeing what is going on. Been real buisy with school.
dave

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Been busy hunting, fishing and working. Haven't seen many of the ole crew on the board recently.

Tim

Working, going to the bar, working some more. I still have the Explorer. Probably will hang onto it for a couple more months. We should all find a time to meet up again. Did Jeff go back to BYU already?

Mike

Pretty sure he did. think in Oct. well good to hear from you guys again. Lets see if we cant find a time and place to meet up.
dave

Hey, I wanna go too. :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Alright guys, let's see if we can find a time to get together again. Fud's is fine with me (I'm craving one of those burgers :D ) or something else if you all want.

Mike

ya sounds good I started school today so let me know and I will see what I can do.
Dave

Here's an idea. Why not meet at Truckhaven next weekend with the rest of us?

Where's a place to off road in so cal? something mild, that an X w/out a lift can handle. Nothing serious just fun.

Originally posted by PYROMANIAC
Where's a place to off road in so cal? something mild, that an X w/out a lift can handle. Nothing serious just fun.

Hungry Valley OHV area is probably the best and really fun for stockers. Also Rowher Flats and Drinkwater Flats are fun.

Or as mentioned above, come out to Truckhaven this weekend with the entire group. The place can be fun for any size rig and is only a few hours from LA.

yeah , yeah me wanna go! tell when and where. oh and where are those locations you mentioned?

You can reach all of them by taking the I-5 freeway. Look up Hungry Valley OHV on the web. It's right off the I-5 near Gorman.

Drinkwater Flats is an area in Santa Clarita off San Francisquito Cyn. Road.

Rowher Flats is near Canyon Country off the 14 freeway and Sierra Highway. Look it up on the web too.

All are designated off road areas and have lots of trails.

We can set a trip up to one of them. There are a few other members here that will join us too I am sure.

Here's a pic of Rowher:

For the Truckhaven trip this weekend, look at the Truckhaven thread in the Trail Runs section. All the info you'll need, even specific directions and a map. I'll be there Saturday morning.

Attachments

• f3.jpg
    f3.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 1,225

whaahoooo! I ll go but the only thing is that I leave on for my vacation in about a week so I can't do anything till after but yeah I wanna go when i get back. I'll have to get back to you on that though.

Hey guys

I can't make Truckhaven as I will be in Vegas that weekend. :cool: Jefe and Dave (OffRoadin44) and I did the Rowher Flats trail back in September. It's probably the toughest trail I would take a stocker out on, as mine made it, but there were some parts where it was a little questionable. All in all though we had a great time.

Here are some pics

Mike

I went. . .and came back again. Never found a good job so I ran out of money rather quickly :rolleyes:

I'm up for a run at any of those locations and I'd be glad to lead the pack. . .just give me a few minutes warning :)

I'll also be at T-haven this weekend. :bounce:

Up for anything as usual, going to glamis this weekend and putting a new engine in the white explorer next weekend but I can always find time.

Originally posted by Jefe
I'm planning a trip to Rowher flats Sat Feb 1st.

For Details: Dead Link Removed

I'll make it.

Any plans for an informal get together? I want a Fudd Burger. :D And you guys need to see the new car.

Mike

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

This would have made for a decent get together. :hammer: But no fudd burgers here.

Attachments

• dsc00829s.jpg
    dsc00829s.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 1,096

Back