The SoCal Crew | Page 27 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The SoCal Crew

Jefe said:
When and where? I'm ready for some more whoops :burnout: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :D

How 'bout a night run in place of Fudds Saturday? (since its been so dang hot lately)

This saturday?....Tommorrow....? I already promised the wife we would go out tommorow night :( Maybe next weekend. I was thinking of cruzing up to Azusa sometime tommorw and see what all the fools are up too. No wheeling just good laughs. :D Maybe not though...I gotta go to the junk yard tommorw and see if I can find a trans cross member thats in better shape then mine. :rolleyes: Maybe I'll find me a new front axle :p ...if you know what I mean ;)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Will do! ;) Just found out my Insurance went up $50 buck a month :eek: For no reason at all! That's Bull! Looks like I have to go find some new cheaper Insurance tommorrow. :mad: .I was payin to much anyway :rolleyes:

Jefe said:
Sounds good to me :thumbsup:

Somebody tell Tim to get his lazy butt online so he knows about this

DOH!!!

Haven't been getting email updates for some reason. :confused:

I'm kinda trashed right now so somebody give me the cliff notes on what's been happening. Fudds tomorrow or???

The rig is still in the yard pending funds for a trans and T-case. Looking at getting a new weekend driver at the end of the year and need some cash for it thus less cash for a trans and a T-case.

Here's a pic of my junk as it stands... and yeah I know I've got some body cutting to do.

Attachments

• Clipboards.jpg
    Clipboards.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 141

TDG said:
DOH!!!

Haven't been getting email updates for some reason. :confused:

I'm kinda trashed right now so somebody give me the cliff notes on what's been happening. Fudds tomorrow or???

The rig is still in the yard pending funds for a trans and T-case. Looking at getting a new weekend driver at the end of the year and need some cash for it thus less cash for a trans and a T-case.

Here's a pic of my junk as it stands... and yeah I know I've got some body cutting to do.

I got a Sawzall! :D

we'll wait for Fudds till next weekend I think :rolleyes:

TDG said:
Lookin good. You still got the stock driveline under there, or is it currently just a big yard ornament?

new local forum boys...
Rebel4x4

The Joshua Tree Run is coming up too on November 5-7...Not too hardcore of a run, but its always fun to get out there and cruise the trails, rocks, sand washes, mineshafts, batcaves, etc.

J. Tree Run

Sorry about that guys. I had something come up last minute. Next Saturday should work though.

Steve - check out Wawanesa for insurance (www.wawanesa.com). They're rated #1 here in CA (ahead of even USAA, which I used to have). My premium on the Jeep went from $1400 every 6 months through USAA to $1800 a year with Wawanesa. Check 'em out. You've gotta have a clean record though (i.e. no points or at-fault accidents within the last three years).

Mike

Mike 92 XLT said:
Sorry about that guys. I had something come up last minute. Next Saturday should work though.

Steve - check out Wawanesa for insurance (www.wawanesa.com). They're rated #1 here in CA (ahead of even USAA, which I used to have). My premium on the Jeep went from $1400 every 6 months through USAA to $1800 a year with Wawanesa. Check 'em out. You've gotta have a clean record though (i.e. no points or at-fault accidents within the last three years).

Mike

Accualy we went to the LA County Fair yesterday and 21st cenutry was there. So they quoted me $1200 for 6 mo. Both truck and drivers. and that's with 1 ticket (comes off Turkey day :rolleyes: ) Then I may redue it in december where it will go to $1060 for 6 mo. ;) Thats alot better then now which is $1400 for 6 and it went to $1980 for 6! :eek:

Jefe said:
Lookin good. You still got the stock driveline under there, or is it currently just a big yard ornament?

Yeah it's the stock 2wd driveline for now, it moves around under it's own power and stops most of the time. It's all the little stuff that still needs to be done that I don't have time to do right now that's holding things up.

My goal is to get it streetable in 2wd since my current financial objectives (new car by the end of the year) can't handle the cost of a transmission and T-case right now. Once I get it on the road again and start trusting it (first time I've done something this extreme all at once on a vehicle) again I'll be more motivated to get it converted to 4wd.

Josh S. said:
The Joshua Tree Run is coming up too on November 5-7...Not too hardcore of a run, but its always fun to get out there and cruise the trails, rocks, sand washes, mineshafts, batcaves, etc.

Somewhere buried in there I saw something about much drinking around the campfire... but I can't find it now. :D

is the joshua tree run enough for my 2wd ass to get out there and ride?

clarkkent said:
is the joshua tree run enough for my 2wd ass to get out there and ride?

Yeah...just keep fire marshall bill away from fire! :p

firemarshallbill.jpg

TDG said:
Somewhere buried in there I saw something about much drinking around the campfire... but I can't find it now. :D

:D ...more lo-pro this time I swear :)

clarkkent, don't think you would wanna take a 2wd on some of the stuff we will be rollin through. We will camp friday night in 2wd area, but after that will be headed to 4x4 stuff...I'll dig up some pics for you to show what I'm talkin bout

Are we still doing Fudds? :rolleyes:

Hell yeah we're doing Fudds.

And this time I promise not to flake.

Mike

oo... is there going to be a camp fire!? ill bring my famous chicken..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

unfortunly, Ithink I'm now out till mid oct. I'm really broke till then :mad: My wife's school wants money damm it :mad:

Back