Callsign
KG6MAX
:hammer:

Almost time to make some changes!

Attachments

• IMG_1332.jpeg
    IMG_1332.jpeg
    74.9 KB · Views: 2,622

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

....And another Zuk gets built...Subscribing...:popcorn:

What are the plans for this one?

Stock axles & gears, except the front gets the doubletuff front chromo's.
31x10.50x15 TruXs M/T
Cragar 15x8, 5x5.5 rims (summit racing, dirt cheap!)
lockrite in the rear
6.5 gear set, mighty kong tcase bracket, rock4xfab twin stick
SPOA
armor (bumpers, sliders, & cage)
sidekick power steering & toyota pump
Sky's crossover steering

I already installed my Mastercraft Baja/SS seats in it. Night and Day difference!

I do drive this more than the Superduty currently.. So, I want to keep it streetable and legal in CA.

I want to keep it streetable and legal in CA.

I give it a year before the bug gets to you and it's pushing the limits of "street legal". :D

I've already decided if I want anything more extreme than this, it's going to be buggy based vehicle.

It doesn't help any I have no where to store a trailer with doing $2k+ in concrete pouring.

Nice, and in another 220,000 miles your superduty semi tires will be ready for retreads.

I like your plan on the ZUK. I'm thinking the same thing, a streetable sleeper wheeler can be a lot of fun with
1) skid protection
2) locker, gearing
3) t-case upgrade
4) tow points
5) small lift, slightly oversized MT tires.
6) winch and onboard air.

This hobby is 90% driver anyway. Big rock buggys flopping on their roofs and snapping steel isn't my idea of a good time or cheap on the pocketbook.

And although this is an explorerforum, you've got the perfect truck for this.

Nice, and in another 220,000 miles your superduty semi tires will be ready for retreads.

Speaking of that.. I put new tires on the SD the other day.

45k+ miles on the old ones, new is same size, but hancook DH01's. Of that 45k, I figured about 25k at full load tearing up the Interstate.. So they did VERY good in my mind.

No more radial pull to the left!

6) winch and onboard air.

Oh, I forgot these.. I don't have winch yet, but I do have the Puma 12v compressor and air tank I'm going to install.

I am probably going to buy one of the $300 el-cheapo winches.. I barely used the last one I had (a Warn 9500HSi)

hmm, for some reason I thought you had some crazy h load range tire on the sooper dooty that was a re-tread.

I'm getting 45K out of my 37" kuhmo road venture MT tires on my sooper dooty and they are down to the last bit of rubber. People have been telling me for a year I need new tires but at $500 a tire I'm running them until I see steel belts. Scored a replacement set on Craigslist before Moab last year and still haven't mounted them.

end hijack

you should like those MT's on the highway. I know Maniak runs them on the highway as does my buddy Dustin who got a freebie set of 5 on his Silverado on the off-road adventures build. Those trucks both see plenty of freeway time.

I've already decided if I want anything more extreme than this, it's going to be buggy based vehicle.

I hear what your saying, but I also know you and how what we say and intend usually end up completely different.

It doesn't help any I have no where to store a trailer with doing $2k+ in concrete pouring.

I thought you did the concrete so you would have a place to park the trailer since you weren't allowed to park it in the gravel cause it had "tires".

Nice Tom..sounds a lot like what I did with my Zuk.:thumbsup:

The ulitimate sleeper... The comfort of an Eddie Bauer Edition, with the wheeling capabilities of a billy goat. Stock axles, engine, tranny, and t-case.

gerald_climb2effect.jpg

gerald_beach.jpg

gerald_hellsgate.jpg

Gee golly I have an extra sami for sale rag top 87 vintage suspention all done

That has JDrapers name all over it.. If its green then its perfect..

Hmmmmm...but the shipping on it would be nasty!!!!

I do miss my Sammy....

I didn't think you had any sami's with engines in them!

Hey both my sami's have engines in them One is just a little oversized! It's waiting for axles.

Draper I could get it as far as Iowa side of the big muddy river. Oh and its grey.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back