Thermostat | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

dennis_leask

Reaction score
City, State
Calgary, Ab
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 Aerostar XL 3.0L V6
So kind of like a cook who needs a recipe book I am a mechanic that needs a manual to fix things so when I find an unconnected wire and don't know what it's called I have no clue how to discover where it's supposed to go.

I have this problem now. I just finished changing the thermostat in my 3.0L V6 '92 Aerostar and put it all back together last night. It was getting dark and I thought I had hooked everything back up but this morning I double checked and found a unconnected wire. This is where my lack of mechanical know how shows it's self. The wire comes out of a larger set of wires that runs in front of the thermostat housing. The end on it has two small holes (it's the female end) The length is about 4" so it can't go far but I can't seem to find anything that it may have come out of or another loose wire.

Any thoughts?

Welcome to this forum! The wiring harnesses are used in several models with various options, so this plug is not used on your model. My 89 with digital dash has a 2 pin sensor for indicating the temperature. Analog dash such as yours only uses a single pin connector. The plug is "L" shaped. To answer your original question, you don't have anything unplugged.

Thank You so much! Phew, I always hate having loose wires and left over bolts when I'm done "fixin'" something;)

Back