Thoughts on brake dust shields

HiImBrian

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
St. Petersburg, Florida
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Explorer Eddie Bauer
Stumbled across these when google F***ed up my search for offroad HID's...

http://www.discountbrakes.com/shop/?N=0&VN=4294967180+4294966864+4294966120+4294966117+4294966883&Nr=AND(category:Brake,universal:0)&Ntt=brake+dust+wheel+shields

Any thoughts on these? Do you think they will affect the performance of my brakes at all? Or maybe trap all kinds of dirt and junk picked up from the road? I figure for 35$ a pair it may be worth looking into... Cleaning the brake dust off my tires and rims all the damn time is getting old fast. Thanks

Not for me, I'd rather shell out for some ceramic pads to lower dust, besides cleaning the wheels is just part of my regular wash/wax routine and I dont find it too much extra effort.

I've got ceramic pads already and I really don't mind cleaning my wheels and tires when I detail my truck; just when the body is waxed, clean and shiny for 3 weeks and my wheels look like hell after a week. I don't do a ton of offroading (yet) so there is no need for my wheels to be that dirty. It just seems like an inexpensive enough investment to make if the negatives don't outweigh the positives.....

My thoughts, shields not attractive, and not good for keeping brakes cool on mountain roads. Therefore not using dust shields on any of my vehicles.

Back