Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Throttle Body Base

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by susanao111, November 10, 2011.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. susanao111

susanao111 New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    Ford Explorer XLT 2002
    The throttle body base on my 2002 Explorer is not functioning. I am in Mexico and in Spanish it is called Base de cuerpo de aceleracion. This is what the mechanic in the small town where I am said. I've had a number of challenges with my car and the last was that a sensor wasn't any good and my car wouldn't accelerate after driving fine. He changes the sensor and it happened again only this time he said it was also the throttle body base.

I would like to communicate with anyone who knows about this part and/or has had experiences with it. I am told that to get a new part from Ford is 15 days and 8,750 pesos equivalent to $730 US. Maybe someone knows a place where I can order a Ford equivalent part. Thank you.:exp:

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. matt0248

matt0248 Active Member

City, State:
    Chicago
    02 XLT V8
    which engine v6 or v8?

4. susanao111

susanao111 New Member

Ford Explorer XLT 2002
  5. susanao111

susanao111 New Member

Ford Explorer XLT 2002
    Throttle Body Base = Intake Manifold

HI, Just discovered that I was calling the part I needed under the wrong name in an attempt to translate from Spanish to English as I am in Mexico and in need of the part. So relieved, thanks to a Ford parts guy in LA whom I called on Skype. And the other thing is that the part from Ford in Mexico City costs
    $ 8750 pesos ($740 US) while when I buy it in the US it's $340 or less.WOW/ I'm just going to buy it and take it back to Mexico when I return.:exp::bounce:

We Support Our Troops!