Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box and some ads will disappear once registered!

Throttle Body Question

Discussion in 'Stock 2002 - 2005 Explorers' started by sslinn, March 10, 2015.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^

1. sslinn

sslinn New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2015 Explorer XLT
    First I would like to thank everyone who takes the time here to post things, photos videos etc. Amazing place for information and you have given me the confidence to do lots myself and save tons of cash.

I got my struts/springs replaced a few months ago and they also suggested a lot of other work. One of the suggestions was to clean the throttle plates.

After some reading I assume this is cleaning the throttle body. I bought a $10 can of TB cleaner and sprayed it in there as directed.

I wanted to take the TB right off but I didn't know how to take of the two cables that were attached this. Suffice to saw I did the best I could without removing it.

Should it be fully removed and how can I get those two cables off? 2002 Ford Explorer XLT 4L SOHC.

Your help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Shayne

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

3. sslinn

sslinn New Member

Year, Model & Trim Level:
    2015 Explorer XLT
    Please delete. I was just too gentle and with a little more force I see it just pops off.