time for new shocks

Ex95XLT

Rollin on Dubs
Reaction score
City, State
Vineland
Year, Model & Trim Level
98 EB
you guys have prob. heard this a million times...but im getting new shocks and i need some sort of extended shock for my lift i got...aal/shackles...3"body even tho that doesnt matter...but i need some extention for the other things...these shocks are for offroad, and was looking for a shock to increase travel a bit...any suggestions?

Ex95XLT,
I have the TT/Shackles with Rancho shocks (stock size), and everything works fine. Does your 95 have the TTB or IFS? If it has IFS, you might not want to go longer than stock because you will put excessive stress on your cv joint at full droop. If you use the stock shock size, the shocks will limit the droop. If you do a search, Taxxman2k did a write up on some Ranchos he found for the front that had longer than stock travel. Some minor adjustments had to be made though.
One more thing, did you have to do much trimming to fit those 33's? Do they rub at full stuff?

95s have the Torsion Bars, unlike the 1st generation Twin Traction Beams. All Xs are technically IFS. Stock shocks will serve you well for the most part, but a slightly longer shock will help some.

Robb

Back