• Register Today It's free!

Tint Problems

AMerrBauer

Reaction score
City, State
North Jersey
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 Eddie Bizzoau
My friend has his every window on his car except the windshield with a 20 Percent but he complains that he cant look out the back windows or see his mirrors...

can anyone here with 20 percents back that up or recommend a percent that is safe but still hot...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

In Maryland it is illegal to go any darker than 35% on the front glass.
For what it is worth.

Leave the 20 on the back, get 35 on the front, that way the mirrors are still visable for backing up....

In Ohio, (not sure about your state, check your local laws to be sure) Explorers and other SUV's are considered Multi Purpose Vehicles and are exempt from Tint Laws.

what about getting backup lights?

Originally posted by jssong
what about getting backup lights?

Yeah, I was going to suggest auxiliary reverse lights.

In Georgia, the legal limit is 35%, and that's fine.

I've driven a car with 20%, it seemed fine to me. But I guess it depends on personal preference/eyesight/whatever

I have 20% on all windows except for fronts and windshield. If I am looking backwards over the seat I can't see anything at night. But, I love the way it looks :)

I have 20% on my front windows, if i were to do it again i'd do 35%. Its hard to see out of your mirrors at night, and i usually have to roll down the window to see. I would recomend 35% for the front.
TODD

Originally posted by IAmTodd
Its hard to see out of your mirrors at night, and i usually have to roll down the window to see.

But at night, if there's a car there, wouldn't the car's headlights reflect in the mirror, or is it so dark that you can't see the headlight's reflections?

you can see headlights but what if your backing up in a parking lot, you cant see people or anything dark...

That's where the auxiliary reverse lights come in

...or lighter tint

Back