Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tips For Speeding Up KaZaa?

Discussion in 'Exploring Computers!!' started by Robb, October 5, 2002.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

Hey guys!

I use KaZaa all the time, and I have found that some days, it just crawls. Some days it hauls butt (I have cable), but the next day, slow as snail. Granted, most of the time it depends on the other person's connection and how well I can link to them, but sometimes I can't get a faster connection than 5kb/s on anything and everything. I keep trying to restart (comp and modem), but nothing seems to help on these slow days.

Any tips?

Robb

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. Raceit

Raceit Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Overland Park, KS
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '91 Explorer 2DR 4WD XL
      My thoughts are that it's just the other users connection. But! I'd get rid of that Kazaa and use Kazaa Lite. http://www.kazaalite.com/

Kazaa Lite is the same as Kazaa, but it has all the spyware removed. So it could help speed up your connection I suppose. I'd download Kazaa Lite and also at the bottom of the page download the Host File, Klez Virus Removal (Just incase), and Ad-Aware. I wouldn't worry about the Net Pumper thing.

I'd uninstall your current version of Kazaa. Then reinstall the Kazaa Lite.

Just my .02 cents.

4. Mikes95XLT

Mikes95XLT Active Member

City, State:
      Bartlett, IL (currently in Bloomington for school)
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      '95 XLT
      I agree. I use Kazaalite here at school, and when you download the new version at kazaalite.com you will also get a program called 'speed up' which works really well most of the time.....

5. Robb

Robb Explorer Addict

Thanks Guys!

I downloaded kazaalite and love it so far. No pop-up crap or ads at the bottom.

Thanks again,

Robb