Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

Tire advice Pleeeeaaaase???

Discussion in 'Tires & Wheels' started by spacecadebt, July 20, 2011.

• Searches ExplorerForum.com
    1. spacecadebt

spacecadebt Active Member

City, State:
      Geneva FL
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      99 Ranger 2.5
      So im in the market for new tires and i have spent countless hours on here researching and still cant make up my mind. Here is my dilemma, In a few weeks i will be going an a cross country road trip in my 2wd explorer (transfer case is shot). I will be doing a lot of mild off roading in all kinds of terrain and i want to go to a more aggressive tire. But at the same time i will obviously will be doing alot of highway driving and i dont want to hurt my gas mileage. I could stand a 1 mpg drop but if i see 2 or 3 mpg drop i will cry.

Im currently running some crappy off brand p235/75/r15s. should i step up to 31s or should i stay stock size and just go to a more aggressive tread. Some tires im looking at are: Yokohama Geolander AT-S, Firestone Destination AT and Kumho Road Venture KL78.

Any advice would be great. Gas mileage is my biggest concern but at the same time i dont want to be getting stuck in the middle of nowhere agian lol

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.

to hide adverts.
    3. MidnightRebel07

MidnightRebel07 Elite Explorer

City, State:
      Pittsburgh, Pa.
      Year, Model & Trim Level:
      2003 Explorer Sport Trac
      General Grabber AT2's or what I have and really like them, GoodYear Duratrac's...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]