Dismiss Notice

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

TMaxx....WOW!!

Discussion in 'RC & Models Forum' started by JDraper, December 30, 2004.

^^Searches ExplorerForum.com^^
  1. JDraper

JDraper Somewhat Functional Moderator Emeritus

Media:
    City, State:
    McVeytown, PA
    Year, Model & Trim Level:
    '18 XLT
    Well, my wife got me a Traxxas TMaxx for Christmas, and WOW does it move!![​IMG] Mine has the TRX2.5 motor in it and this thing will pull the front end off the ground from 0 to full throttle. I even have to let off the throttle a little when it shifts gears or it occasionally will stand itself on the rear bumper!!!

Anyone else running a TMaxx with the 2.5?

[​IMG]

2. Support EF

Join the Elite Explorers for $20

Explorer Forum has probably saved you that much already, and will continue to save you money as you learn how to diagnose fix problems yourself and learn which modifications work without having to experiment on your own. Elite Explorer members see practically no ads, can add their own profile photo, upload photo attachments in all forums, and Media Gallery, create more private Conversations, and more. Join Today. Your support is greatly appreciated.
  3. Doug

Doug I'm Awesome! Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Sykesville, MD
    Just what you need.... more toys.... :rolleyes:

:p :D

4. LOGJOCKY

LOGJOCKY Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Leduc, Alberta
    1994 EXPLORER XLT
    looks like ull have fun cleaning it off, i am saving for the new model they have out, cant remember the name, but it has awesome articulation, traxxas makes good stuff, i got an old stampede and it hauled in its day

5. huskyfan23

huskyfan23 Rah no Hans Bwix

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    I run one... wait.. that's outrun.. with my electric RC10 ;)

6. jasonb

jasonb Jackstand Wheeler Moderator Emeritus

City, State:
    Suwanee, GA
    '99 Sport 4x4
    2.5? wow that's more powerful than your suzuki. :D

oh wait.. i have a sammi too.. hmm.. nevermind.

7. Premier

Premier Explorer Addict

City, State:
    Utah
    96 sport
    Where can I buy one!

8. daddy_ja

daddy_ja Active Member

City, State:
    glendale AZ
    91 Explorer EB
    i have a couple of them. i run a pretty much stock one for playing around with (it also has the 2.5). and i have a Supermaxx for racing, it has a motor with twice the horsepower of the 2.5.

9. JGAMBLE

JGAMBLE B

City, State:
    Ft. Wainwright, Ak
    1994xlt
    if you don't mind, I"m wonderin how much it cost as I'm looking for a new one, and is it 4x4? I used to have USA1 when it was the big one, hand held starter and the works :D Ran into some money problems and a friend got her, now it's replacement time.

:chug: :chug:

10. Critical_Level2

Critical_Level2 Well-Known Member

City, State:
    Ridley Park, PA
    1999 XLS R.I.P.
    I don't have a 2.5 maxx, but I got one when they first came out. They are fun, especially in the snow and teh mud. One of tehse days I will either swap in a 2.5 motor or go with a .40 conversion. good luck, have fun and be careful, they hurt if you get hit by one.

11. JDraper

Media:
    City, State:
    McVeytown, PA
    '18 XLT

It's a 4x4, and new with all the accessories (starter, batteries, fuel, fuel bottle, etc) it's about $500

12. JGAMBLE

JGAMBLE B

City, State:
    Ft. Wainwright, Ak
    1994xlt
    $500 eh, sounds like once I get my tranny fixed I'm getting a new toy.

13. JDraper

Media:
    City, State:
    McVeytown, PA
    '18 XLT
    Ya better put some money away for parts...I already busted the front suspension up twice hitting a fence and a tree :rolleyes: .

14. huskyfan23

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    If you want durability and more speed you would steer away from Traxxas. HPI BABY!

[​IMG]

15. JGAMBLE

JGAMBLE B

City, State:
    Ft. Wainwright, Ak
    1994xlt
    yeah, used to have USA1 a few years back, it was a ton of fun, but cost more money than my X to maintain. I'm finally to where that doesn't matter anymore ;)

16. jimbo74

jimbo74 Elite Exploder Elite Explorer

Media:
    Albums:
    City, State:
    Nor*Cal
    2001, F150, XLT 4x4
    the savage is cool, but traxxas pioneered the Maxx trucks.... i have an oldskool tmaxx, with the .15 engine and the narrow suspension, that they are no longer available with.... actually properly tuned, the .15 pro is faster than the 2.5

17. alkaline747trio

alkaline747trio Member

City, State:
    Albemarle, NC
    '99 LTD 4x4
    Husky, don't be an idiot. Traxxas did it first, and Traxxas did it right. I have 5, yes, 5 T-maxxes. Two are bone stock 2.5s except they are equipped with bigger airfiltesr, fuel filters, and new springs. I have these setup so me and a bud or my dad can race in the yard or stuff like that. One of the others, my first T-maxx, is setup as the ultimate in preformance and bashing (it has the Sirro .18 Engine, Dynamite chrome pipe, drilled/slotted/lightened chassis, RPM 2.5 A-Arms all around, CVDs all through, Team Losi ZombieMaxx tires, offset RPM Clawz rims, OFNA handheld electric starter, FM Radio (the transmitter/reciever or controller), 200oz/in steering servo, pro-line powerstroke shock set, and a whole bunch of other goodies). The final two are my all alu. and all tita. ones. I won the all titanium one at the local track in the pro-stock stadium truck category with my Team Associated RC10T3. The all alu. was a combined effort of mine and my dad's for a machine that either my mom or sister could drive without breaking it (ha, but it made a good excuse to spend $900 on a $400 truck, lol).

I will disagree with you on the .15 faster than 2.5. I have raced almost a hundred stock-to-stock .15 and my stock truck-non-stock w/ pro.15's and have only lost once due to too high humidity w/my carb settings and him using a 3-speed. Now, only a few of these were straightline top-speed runs, but in the long straight stretches of the local track, I always pull ahead with my stockers compared to anything else engine wise from Traxxas.

For an RC newbie, the T-maxx is great and virtually indestructable. The only truck I would ever consider suggesting over a Maxx would be the Team Lost LST. It is an awesome truck, and if I weren't planning on dropping almost all of my cash onto my X, then I would have it right now. Although the T-maxx is a great truck for a newbie, just be prepared to put in some wrench time and alot of trial and error to get it to run, or preform how it should. With traxxas' EZ-start system, it takes alot of the effort out, but to get every ounce of power out of these tiny engines, you have a very TIIIINNNNYYYY window of error in carb settings.

T-maxx is great, and I am definatly a Traxxas fan-boy lol.

18. huskyfan23

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    Sorry, didn't mean to be an idiot :rolleyes:

Point is, Traxxas is overpriced. I prefer electric RC vehicles anyways.

19. JDraper

Media:
    City, State:
    McVeytown, PA
    '18 XLT
    Just curious, but why do you consider it overpriced? The truck complete goes for about $375-400 by itself and for what's in it, I think it's a decent price (I design stuff for a living, so I know what the costs look like) for a good vehicle.

20. huskyfan23

City, State:
    WA
    1994 XLT 4x4
    Just personal experience. A friend had a Sportmaxx and Stampede, and I've owend a Rustler, and none were up to par with other brands I had used. The Stampede parts broke left and right and my friend's Sportmaxx kept screwing up control arms. Maybe he was just too hard on it, but after buying Team Associated and completely thrashing it, I haven't looked back.

21. JDraper

Media:
    City, State:
    McVeytown, PA
    '18 XLT
    The only time my TMaxx has broken parts is when I piled it into a fence post at about 30 mph, and then later into a tree at about the same speed :rolleyes:....sigh...still learning how to drive it...The first time it wrecked, I busted the upper and lower control arms, the shock caps, the front skid plate, and the front right bulkhead. I replaced the bulkhead and skidplate with aluminum components, so the next time, it only broke the upper and lower control arms, which are about $7/set for the plastic ones. Don't know about the other models, but the TMaxx is built pretty solidly. I've been upgrading the interior components to aluminum and titanium as I damage it, and leaving the outer ones plastic, since they're easy to replace and cheap (Control arms are about $7/pair). So far, I'm quite happy with the buggy...heck it's faster than my Sammy!! :confused:

We Support Our Troops!