• Register Today It's free!

tms fault = lack of power

rescue_31

Reaction score
City, State
Chicago
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
i had a tms fault last weekend. Shut the car off, restarted and it went away, but since than, ive had horrible gas mileage, all highway averaging 20, before that i was at 23.5, and it seems like it has no power. I dont have the opporutnity to take it in to the dealer till late next week. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

31 views and no one else wants to ask? Ok, I will :)

What is tms?

Tms = terrain management system

i had a tms fault last weekend. Shut the car off, restarted and it went away, but since than, ive had horrible gas mileage, all highway averaging 20, before that i was at 23.5, and it seems like it has no power. I dont have the opporutnity to take it in to the dealer till late next week. Anyone have any similar experiences?

Maybe your stuck in a sub-optimal TMS setting and the car doesn't know it. Try and switching your TMS from normal to something else and then back again.

have done that several times, even in the other modes the ex has no power, constantly downshifts on the smallest of hills, i live in chicago subs. flat land. This also happened after an oil change as well.

i dont have tms but wondering if you have tried switching from drive to manual to drive? i know sounds silly but worth a try. if all else fails, remove power from battery and hope something reboots?

have done that several times, even in the other modes the ex has no power, constantly downshifts on the smallest of hills, i live in chicago subs. flat land. This also happened after an oil change as well.

manual mode is exactly the same, just allows you to shift gears for your self, same lack of power, have switched different modes, everything. gonna try to pull the battery today, see if it resets something

manual mode is exactly the same, just allows you to shift gears for your self, same lack of power, have switched different modes, everything. gonna try to pull the battery today, see if it resets something

Are you in tow mode or something maybe?

One other thought - play around with the left cluster and see if there is a setting that's off.

Also, go to the terrain management monitor and see how your power is being distributed to see if there is a problem.

tow mode disengages when you are in manual mode. just an fyi. Everything is in normal mode, im going to have to take it in, just figured id post it on the board in case anyone else was having this issue, before i had the time to take it in.

i dont have tms but wondering if you have tried switching from drive to manual to drive? i know sounds silly but worth a try. if all else fails, remove power from battery and hope something reboots?
You don't ...... I would think that the xlt would have the tms and knob as standard equipment.

Back